- Nokia Networks deployed its TD-LTE Advanced HetNet solution to enable China Mobile Shanghai’s network at Auto Shanghai 2015
- Nokia Flexi Zone small cells complement Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Stations, with each supporting a phenomenal 600 simultaneous active TD-LTE users per cell
- China Mobile delivered immaculate service experience for users attending the event in the world’s largest building, the China Expo Complex
Shanghai, China – 3 June 2015
In yet another affirmation of Nokia Networks’ prowess and expertise in small cell deployments, China Mobile Shanghai selected the company to implement its TD-LTE Advanced HetNet solution at Auto Shanghai 2015. The event was held at the China Expo Complex, which is the world’s largest building. Nokia Networks implemented its Flexi Zone TD-LTE small cells to ramp up China Mobile’s network capacity to manage the immense amount of wireless data traffic generated by 1 million visitors. Due to Nokia Networks’ extensive technical knowledge and services expertise, subscribers enjoyed an unmatched mobile broadband experience, enhanced by best-in-class network availability, coverage and capacity.
During the course of the 10-day event, the peak hours saw 100,000 simultaneous TD-LTE users, as most of the 1 million visitors used multiple applications to share pictures and videos. With macro parity, and complemented by Nokia Smart Scheduler, Flexi Zone TD-LTE small cells ensured excellent network availability while managing wireless data with up to 600 simultaneous active TD-LTE users per cell – setting an industry benchmark in terms of indoor small cell performance.
Summary of the solutions and services delivered by Nokia Networks:
- TD-LTE Advanced HetNet solution, consisting of macro Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station* and Flexi Zone** TD-LTE small cells
- Cloud-ready network management system, NetAct, for effective and consolidated monitoring and optimization of China Mobile’s TD-LTE and small cell network
- Nokia Networks’ Global Service Delivery experts provided planning, configuration and monitoring services to identify the best locations to deploy Flexi Zone for efficient indoor coverage and supported on-site implementation
- Nokia Smart Scheduler for optimizing cell capacity and network efficiency through effective management of uplink interference, signaling capacity, control channel dimensioning and load balancing
- Data Optimization to enable real-time monitoring of user experience (Key Quality Indicators)
Bu Tong, General Manager of Network Department, China Mobile Shanghai, said: “China Mobile leverages the entire spectrum of TD-LTE to deliver the best possible mobile broadband services to subscribers. This strategic engagement with Nokia Networks proves that our infrastructure is already at the next level – strengthened and equipped to deliver superb performance in the face of the data deluge on wireless networks.”
Mark Atkinson, Vice President, Small Cells Business Line, Nokia Networks, said: “After proving the capabilities of our small cell solution in an outdoor environment, the landmark performance at the world’s largest building underpins the fact that our Flexi Zone portfolio is equally adept at ensuring cutting-edge service delivery in indoor scenarios. Most importantly, this achievement also highlights the expertise and capabilities of our service teams in terms of delivering optimum customer experience with our indoor small cell solutions.”
Click here for a photo of Nokia Networks’ equipment installed at the event.
- Press release: Nokia Networks, China Mobile harness the potential of TD-LTE small cells at global sports event, Nokia Networks, China Mobile prove the power of small cells at Xiamen International Marathon 2015
- Brochure: Nokia Flexi Zone
- Whitepaper: Nokia LTE Smart Scheduler
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: TD-LTE, small cells, Flexi Zone, China Mobile, Nokia Networks
By focusing on the human possibilities of technology, Nokia embraces the connected world to help people thrive. Our three businesses are leaders in their fields. Nokia Networks provides broadband infrastructure software and services, HERE provides mapping, navigation and location intelligence, and Nokia Technologies provides advanced technology development and licensing.
Nokia Networks, which provides broadband infrastructure, software and services, operates at the forefront of our industry. From the first ever call on GSM to the first call on LTE, we have set the pace of innovation, a record that continues with future technologies such as 5G. Together with our operator customers, who serve close to 5 billion subscribers, we are embracing the opportunity of the connected world and helping to solve its challenges.
Phone: +86 10 5676 8591
Phone: +358 7140 02869
* The compact, multi-technology, modular and weatherproof Nokia Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station is an award winner and supports a throughput of 10 Gbps. It enables energy-efficient base station sites with a 70% improvement in power consumption compared to traditional cabinet-based sites.
** Nokia Flexi Zone enables operators to increase capacity by deploying clusters of access points in hot spots and zones. The award-winning Flexi Zone is an LTE/Wi-Fi-capable solution which complements macro networks with an underlay of small cells at the street and indoor level. This provides significant performance benefits, macro co-existence, traffic offloading, simplified backhauling and low O&M impact. So operators can provide a remarkably rich customer experience in urban capacity problem areas while keeping the total cost of ownership much lower than conventional small-cell deployments.
– See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-networks-small-cells-enable-china-mobile-to-support-1-million-visitors-at-auto-shang#sthash.PodgeL1F.dpuf