Wireless service recognized for innovation in delivering flexible, reliable service options for businesses, schools and hotels
HUNTSVILLE, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 24, 2014-- ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN, news, filings), today announced its ProCloudSM Wi-Fi service program has been awarded several industry honors as an innovative managed wireless LAN service. The service was recognized for making it easy for businesses of all sizes and verticals to benefit from an enterprise-class Wi-Fi network while offloading management and maintenance of the network. ADTRAN ProCloud Wi-Fi also empowers partners with the flexibility to choose a branded service option to transform and expand their business models. The Wi-Fi service reduces deployment times and helps ensure recurring revenue without the burden of new infrastructure costs or staff training.
ADTRAN ProCloud Wi-Fi service received 2014 awards from the following prestigious industry programs:
- American Business Awards, also known as the Stevie® Awards, which honored ADTRAN ProCloud Wi-Fi with a Gold award in the category of Best New Product or Service in Telecommunications, recognizes positive contributions of organizations worldwide;
- Hot Companies and Best Product Awards, which honored ADTRAN with a Gold award in the Best IT Services category, recognizes achievements in the information technology industry;
- Golden Bridge Business Awards, which recognized ADTRAN with a Bronze award, honors achievements of global organizations;
- Cloud Computing Excellence Awards, honoring the vendors that have most effectively leveraged cloud computing in their efforts to bring new, differentiated offerings to market;
- Communications Solutions Product of the Year Awards, recognizing the best and more innovative products in telecom, wireless services, IP communications and more;
- INTERNET TELEPHONY TMC Labs Innovation Awards, honoring products that demonstrate raw innovation, unique feature and significant contributions toward improving communications technology;
- Mobility Tech Zone Product of the Year Awards, recognizing the development and evolution of advanced wireless networks; and
- Cloud Partner Program Guide, identifying outstanding IT vendors whose cloud partner programs benefit the growth of solution providers and the indirect IT channel in their cloud initiatives.
"Out of the many impressive entries we received in The 2014 American Business Awards, our judges deemed ADTRAN ProCloud Wi-Fi one of the best New Products or Services in the Telecommunications industry,” said Michael Gallagher, president and founder of the Stevie Awards. “Being the WLAN industry's only cloud-hosted and fully managed Wi-Fi service by a network vendor, ADTRAN should be very proud of their accomplishment and now have a Gold Stevie Award to show for their efforts and innovation."
”ADTRAN ProCloud Wi-Fi service is a game-changer for the industry. It is a highly scalable solution that addresses the demands of any size network,” said Michelle Southerland, product manager for ADTRAN ProServices. “Small businesses, enterprises, K-12 schools, hotels, and stadiums are just a few examples of the businesses that are requiring this type of service and are quickly adopting it to meet their wireless networking goals. These award wins exemplify ADTRAN’s ability to deliver robust solutions that meet the increasingly complex wireless needs of our customers.”
ADTRAN ProCloud Wi-Fi is a managed Wi-Fi service built on the company’s Bluesocket virtual WLAN (vWLAN®) solution. The service is unique in that it includes a complete turnkey model, a partner-branded option and the ability to easily migrate between management models. The service is supported by ADTRAN’s hosting infrastructure and back-end, providing around-the-clock customer assistance, minimalizing installation intrusions and assisting global companies to better manage their Wi-Fi network.
ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment. ADTRAN’s products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.adtran.com.
Source: ADTRAN, Inc.
Connect2 Communications for ADTRAN
Ashley Baster, 919-435-9112