Cable & Wireless Subsidiary Deploys Media Flow Controller to Efficiently Distribute and Deliver TV and Video On-Demand Content throughout Caribbean
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 12, 2011 — Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that LIME, the Caribbean’s premier telecommunications company, is deploying Juniper Networks® Media Flow Controller to underpin its next-generation TV and video services. LIME, Cable & Wireless Communication’ (CWC) Caribbean subsidiary, delivers landline, Internet, mobile and entertainment services to thirteen Caribbean countries. The new entertainment service will use adaptive bitrate streaming to deliver up to 130 television channels over subscribers’ broadband Internet connections, and LIME is using Media Flow to cache, distribute and deliver content for maximum efficiency and viewing experience.
- LIME is the first CWC subsidiary to launch adaptive bitrate multiplatform video services.
- The service, powered by Avail-TVN’s AnyView™ multiplatform video service, will be fully deployed initially in Barbados and Jamaica in 2012, with further Caribbean expansion to follow later in the year.
- In LIME’s network, Media Flow provides seamless interoperability with the Avail-TVN AnyView’s content and player technology.
- Media Flow Controller is a next-generation software system that delivers content with an exceptional level of scale, efficiency and performance.
“We will deliver superior TV services that give subscribers a high quality of experience, one that is easy to use, and offers the content consumers want to watch. The technology in our underlying content delivery network is absolutely critical to achieving these goals, and that’s why we chose Juniper’s Media Flow Controller. The Media Flow software solution delivers exceptional performance and scale for the delivery of high-quality adaptive streaming content.”
– Patrick Bradd, Chief Technology Officer, LIME
“We are very pleased LIME selected our Media Flow products to underpin its ground-breaking new service. It is powerful validation of our content and media technology portfolio and demonstrates our strategic focus on growing our software business.”
– Manoj Leelanivas, executive vice president, Junos Application Software Business Group, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.