Real-Time Communications Security Leader Joins Forces with Leader in High-Performance Cybersecurity Solutions
- Sonus announced it has joined Fortinet’s premier technology alliance–the Fabric-Ready Partner Program.
- The program ensures validation and integration of end-to-end security solutions between Fortinet and its partners.
- Sonus is the first SIP-centric company to join the program, providing real-time communications security through its portfolio of SBCs.
For Immediate Release: July 18, 2017
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in securing cloud and real-time communications, announced today it has joined the Fortinet Fabric-Ready Partner Program. Sonus is the first program vendor whose focus is on security for SIP-based communications. Through the program, Sonus and Fortinet will work together to validate and integrate end-to-end security solutions that protect against both real-time data and communication threats.
The Fortinet Security Fabric enables Fortinet and its partners to leverage Fortinet APIs to create integrated solutions that share security information and provide richer threat intelligence as well as broader threat responses. The ability to share contextual intelligence in real time across network devices helps to unify the security perimeter and more effectively prevent attacks from slipping through network defenses. Additionally, pre-validated products from Fortinet technology partners offer customers the assurance of faster time-to-deployment and fewer technical support requirements.
Sonus brings real-time communications security to the program via its portfolio of Session Border Controllers (SBCs). With inherent features such as per-session state awareness, protocol filtering, topology hiding, encryption and dynamic blacklisting, Sonus SBCs are designed to secure voice calls and prevent telephony-based attacks from happening. By integrating Sonus SBCs into a broader security fabric, the trust level of SIP-based communications can be increased.
“Network consolidation, new models for embedded communications, and the move to NFV and SDN-based architectures have blurred the lines between real-time communications and data-based services,” said Kevin Riley, Sonus CTO and senior vice president, Engineering. “These trends, coupled with a zero-trust security posture, mandate that every application must be secured on the network. Organizations cannot efficiently and effectively tackle security threats with decoupled point products in the new threat landscape. What is required is contextual collaboration across the security stack to unify the security perimeter. Our partnership with Fortinet is an important milestone in our strategic vision to elevate real-time communications security and help businesses stem the rising tide of ransomware, DDoS and other network attacks.”
“As a pioneer in real-time communications security, Sonus was a logical choice to become our first SIP-centric partner in the program,” said Neil Prasad, director, Marketing, Fortinet. “Their products provide unique insight for enhanced security, and we look forward to leveraging the Fortinet Security Fabric’s integrated, collaborative and adaptive architecture and interfaces to develop innovative joint solutions with Sonus.”
- A report from IBMs Security Intelligence group shows cyberattacks using the VoIP protocol SIP grew in 2016, accounting for over 51% of the security event activity analysis in a 12-month span.
- The cost of toll fraud is higher than credit card fraud, with an estimated global fraud loss of $38B in 2015 per CFCA.
- The Sonus Session Border Controller portfolio was named a 2016 Network Security Excellence Award Winner by INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine.
- Frost and Sullivan named Sonus the 2017 North American Enterprise Session Border Controller (eSBC) Company of the Year.
- Listen in as Sonus independent analyst firm Nemertes Research discusses the importance of securing real-time communications.
- Learn more about real-time communication security threats.
- Download the e-book Securing Real-Time Communications for Dummies.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
– See more at: https://www.sonus.net/resources/press-releases/sonus-becomes-first-sip-centric-security-vendor-to-join-fortinets-fabric#sthash.suE3aCGh.dpuf