Enables Businesses to Use Existing Investments, Leverage the Cloud, and Access New Productivity Applications and the Internet of Things
- Gives machines a voice with call routing that seamlessly intersects with IoT.
- “Cloudifies” existing telephony infrastructures with new CloudLink capability.
- Demonstrates latest innovations at Mitel Next in San Antonio, Texas, May 31.
Mitel® (NASDAQ:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in enterprise communications, today unveiled its strategy to prepare customers for the digital transformation opportunities reshaping businesses and becoming a top priority for CEOs and CIOs. The strategy allows companies to use existing investments, migrate to the cloud at their own pace, and access new productivity applications to compete in the emerging digital business landscape. The strategy also unlocks the power of the evolving Internet of Things (IoT), effectively giving machines a voice with Mitel’s call routing technology by enabling them to proactively trigger real-time communications.
As part of these efforts, the company is expanding access to applications, breaking down complex workflows and IoT/machine triggers to allow simplified and automated decision making. This shifts from a one-size-fits-all solution development to a more agile approach, offering only the exact functionality a company needs. Applications can also be optimized for specialized requirements and natively integrated into the operating system to streamline workflows and power collaboration from anywhere.
“One of the biggest challenges customers face today is how to keep up with the pace of change, and what they should do first, at a time when digital transformation is recasting traditional business models,” said Rich McBee, President and CEO, Mitel. “Our reference architecture provides a pragmatic, practical roadmap for customers to begin the journey today, no matter the starting point. It also opens the door to the opportunities associated with giving voice to 20 billion IoT devices with more than 450 million voice endpoints.”
The company will showcase several new advancements during the upcoming Mitel Next event. Among the featured innovations is CloudLink, an enablement technology that connects installed, premises-based customers to the cloud, providing access to cloud communications and collaboration applications previously unavailable to them without a complete rip and replacement of their existing infrastructure.
Mitel Next takes place May 31 at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. The agenda features:
- Keynotes from Olympic gold medalist Michael Johnson, President and Founder of Michael Johnson Performance, and Dr. Vijay Gurbaxani, Founding Director of the Center for Digital Transformation at University of California, Irvine.
- Presentations from Rich McBee, Mitel President and CEO, and several of the company’s senior leaders aimed at demystifying digital transformation, bringing it to life with examples of how customers are applying technology in different ways.
- An Innovation Center showcasing Mitel’s strategy in action with new applications and capabilities for secure collaboration, seamless communications, mass notification/IoT and solutions for a broad range of verticals, from healthcare and education to government and hospitality.
- Mitel is the largest provider of cloud business communications in the world with more than three million cloud subscribers. (Source: Synergy Research Group)
- Mitel was recognized as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications for three consecutive years.
- A playback of the Mitel Next event in San Antonio will be available June 5 at www.mitel.com/next.
- Download free copies of the “Cloud Communications for Dummies,” “Team Collaboration & Communications for Dummies” and “Digital Transformation for Dummies” e-books.
- Frost & Sullivan selected Mitel cloud services for a Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award. Download the report to read the full analysis.
Twitter: Mitel #DX strategy puts customers first by providing a seamless path to the future #MitelNext
Digital Transformation, Cloud, Collaboration, IoT
A global market leader in enterprise communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel (NASDAQ:MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 60 million business users in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media – Americas
Media – EMEA/AP
+44 (0) 1291 612 646