Last week, AT&T brought our Inspired Mobility campaign to the 2016 National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) conference in Washington, D.C. There we shared new insights into how the platform helps people create, share and discover inspiration using their mobile devices and social networks. On hand to help tell the Inspired Mobility story was Hip Hop pioneer and inspiration guru Rev Run and businessman, author and executive editor-at-large of Black Enterprise Arthur Edmond Jr.
The 2 leaders discussed how they use their mobile devices to share inspiration with others, how that has impacted their own lives, and the fascinating results fromnew Inspired Mobility research. The research shows that Americans are turning to their smartphones, tablets and other devices to share inspiration like never before. The data confirms what we already knew: Leveraging mobility to promote inspiration is making the world a better place.
The discussion explored why the world needs mobile inspiration and how it can positively affect different a person’s life. Just one piece of inspiration can impact someone’s romantic and family relationships, spirituality, and even professional growth. That’s powerful.
The session was standing room only as bloggers, reporters and other media professionals packed in to learn more about the campaign and absorb nuggets of wisdom from the 2 influential leaders. Notable quotes from our dynamic inspiration duo included:
- “You brand yourself. You can make it negative or positive. You put out what you want people to know about you.” –Rev Run
- "Detect the negative people and duck them like they are Pac-man." –Rev Run
- "You'll never get enough likes [on social media] if you don't like yourself.” –Rev Run
- "Happiness is looking in the mirror and loving who you are." –Alfred Edmond Jr.
- "Your ability to maintain success in every area of your life depends on how you handle your relationships." –Alfred Edmond Jr.
Do you want to share what inspires you or discover new inspiration for yourself? Join the Inspired Mobility conversation by tagging #InspiredMobility on social media. To learn more about this exciting campaign, visitwww.about.att.com/inspiredmobility. And don’t forget to follow @RevRunWisdomand @AlfredEdmondJr on social media.
L. Michelle Smith, Director of Public Relations, U.S. Diversity, Citizenship and Sustainability