Windstream provides companies highly secure, high-performance access to the cloud with new offering
Windstream’s Cloud Connect enables companies to connect to cloud providers and cloud-based applications with a dedicated, highly-secure, reliable solution that bypasses the public internet
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Windstream (NYSE:WIN, news, filings), a leading provider of advanced network communications, is making it easier for companies to access the cloud and use it as a foundational element of their IT strategy with its new Cloud Connect solution. Cloud Connect gives companies dedicated access to cloud providers and cloud-based applications, and does not rely on the public internet, delivering cloud connectivity that is far more secure and reliable.
“More companies are moving mission-critical applications and business processes to the cloud to take advantage of the flexibility and cost savings that cloud infrastructure can provide, but using the public internet for such applications has a number of downsides: poor performance that affects accessibility, iffy security that puts sensitive data at risk, just to name two,” said David Works, president of Enterprise at Windstream. “The solution to that is dedicated cloud connectivity, but in the past, that has only been available to the largest companies with the deepest pockets. Now, Windstream’s Cloud Connect solution makes it possible for a much larger swath of companies to have much more reliable, faster, safer cloud connectivity.”
“IDC has been closely studying cloud adoption, and the implementation of private cloud connectivity is one of the most significant emerging trends in the IT industry. A recent analysis we conducted showed that two-thirds of U.S. businesses currently use public cloud services for production workloads and applications, and nearly three-quarters of companies regularly utilizing cloud are using two or more cloud providers,” said Melanie Posey, research vice president at IDC. “It is clear that companies have moved beyond the experimentation phase, and they are now moving mission critical workloads to the cloud. That is driving the need for private cloud connectivity, which gives companies greater security, performance, availability and control.”
Windstream Cloud Connect benefits new and existing Ethernet, MPLS and Wave (optical) customers, by providing mission critical cloud connectivity through highly secure, performance-optimized virtual and dedicated private access to third party public and private cloud providers. This type of connectivity is important in virtually every industry, as companies of all sizes transition to the cloud, and Windstream’s Cloud Connect solution makes it possible for more companies to make that a core element of their IT strategy.
Windstream’s Cloud Connect offers a number of benefits to companies:
• Scalable Performance – Bandwidth options ranging from 50Mb to 10Gb that can be adjusted as needs evolve
• Custom Connectivity Options – Options include switched Ethernet, MPLS, VPN or point-to-point, and supports both virtual and dedicated connectivity models
• Bandwidth Optimization -- Multi-port service allows customers to fully optimize bandwidth to their needs
• Highly Secure Dedicated Connection -- Provides highly secure data transfer for mission-critical applications and services.
• Easy Implementation -- As simple as adding another node to an existing Windstream WAN (for existing customers).
• Support for Widely-Used Platforms – Launching now for AWS and MS Azure ExpressRoute, with more platform support to come
• Benefits for Existing and New Customers – Cloud Connect is available to both new and current Windstream customers, including those utilizing Ethernet, MPLS and Wave (optical) services
• Increases Flexibility – Cloud Connect allows customers to draw down multiple cloud applications through their MPLS and Ethernet service, and enables companies to add the benefits of Azure and AWS into their service environment
• Excellent Customer Support -- Elite support/attention to customers that cannot be matched by other providers, backed by 24/7 NOC monitoring and repair support
Cloud Connect is made possible by Windstream’s commitment to investing in its network infrastructure, leveraging the latest technology, and being a true technology partner to customers that serves their needs both today and in the future. For more information about Windstream’s Cloud Connect offering, visit windstreambusiness.com/cloudconnect or follow us on Twitter at @Windstreambiz.
Windstream Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:WIN), a FORTUNE 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 125,000 miles. Additional information is available at windstream.com. Please visit our newsroom at news.windstream.com or follow us on Twitter at @Windstream.
Wendy Wiedenbeck, 720-529-7648