Windstream changes landscape of telecommunications offerings in Albany with Fixed Wireless for enterprise customers
High-bandwidth services delivered via dedicated wireless connection provide enterprise customers with more reliable telecom services, alternative to fiber solutions
ALBANY, N.Y. — Windstream (NYSE:WIN, news, filings), a leading provider of advanced network communications, has launched Fixed Wireless access in Albany, N.Y., providing enterprise customers with a path to high-bandwidth, reliable telecommunications services. Windstream’s Fixed Wireless access services provide companies with Ethernet connectivity via a dedicated, microwave wireless connection. Windstream is the first major provider to bring Fixed Wireless to Albany, and its solution is designed to meet the high-availability requirements of companies that rely on the cloud for their most important software applications.
Windstream’s Fixed Wireless access for Albany is another example of how the company is investing in its network.
“We are excited about the opportunity Fixed Wireless brings to deliver diverse IP, VPN and Voice services to State Government and High Tech companies in Albany,” said Brian Norton, regional president of sales for Enterprise at Windstream. “By bringing Fixed Wireless access to Albany, we are giving companies a true high-bandwidth alternative that bypasses the single choke points of existing fiber options in a reliable and secure manner.”
Companies in industries such as financial services, government, healthcare, professional services, engineering, retail, hospitality and manufacturing are among those that have the strongest need for reliable, secure, high-bandwidth services because of the types of applications they use, the way those applications rely on the cloud, and the regulatory requirements they face. Because of the landscape of fiber- and wire-based telecommunications infrastructure in Albany, these companies cannot always obtain the services they need. In many cases, these companies are also seeking more diversity in their telecommunications services, ensuring that operations do not come to a halt if there is an interruption to their main telecommunications service. Fixed Wireless access from Windstream solves both of those challenges.
Windstream’s Fixed Wireless access service provides Albany companies with:
• A reliable alternative to fiber- and copper-based services
• A quickly-deployable supplement to those services, immediately bolstering access to the cloud and providing critical business continuity in the event of service interruptions from fiber- and copper-based services
• High reliability and uptime with 99.99 percent availability and SLA
• Scalable bandwidths ranging from 1 Mbps to 1 Gbps
• No shared single point of failure with fiber as a result of engineering that routes to alternative gateways over the airwaves
• Rapid deployment to buildings of all types and in a variety of locations
• Support for private line, MPLS with Quality of Service (QoS),Voice (SIP or TDM) and dedicated Internet
• High security with the use of encryption that provides enterprise-class protection to data and communications
Windstream Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:WIN), a FORTUNE 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 125,000 miles. Additional information is available at windstream.com. Please visit our newsroom or follow us on Twitter at @Windstream.
Wendy Wiedenbeck, 720-529-7648