Last year, Iusacell and Nextel Mexico joined the AT&T family, launching high-speed mobile Internet in 41 cities – fulfilling our promise to cover 40 million people in 2015.
2015 was a transformational year for AT&T. Last year, Iusacell and Nextel Mexico joined the AT&T family. And our arrival in Mexico has been an exciting one. We launched high-speed mobile Internet in 41 cities – fulfilling our promise to cover 40 million people in 2015.
We’ve committed to big investments. We’ve driven wireless competition with simple and transparent plans. And they’re available with more data – and unlimited calls, text and social networks – to automatically use in Mexico, U.S. and Canada at no additional cost.
A big win for you is a big win for us:
- More network for you. Last year, we made our 4G LTE network available to 44 million Mexicans—more than 30% of its 120 million population. And by the end of 2016, it will be available to 75 million. In fact, we’ve committed to invest $3 billion (USD) to reach 100 million by 2018’s end.
- More options for you. We’ve made great progress in delivering this network and new “AT&T Unidos” plans. These are driving greater competition in the industry. We’re committed to offering customers better options with plans that include more. This means more data and unlimited calls, texts, and social networks to use in Mexico, the U.S. and Canada at no additional cost – automatically as part of your service.
- More stores for you. We’re bringing more to you. We opened more than 950 sales points in Mexico this year. And the new stores aren’t just about color changes and our identity. We’re on a journey to promote a new service excellence standard with the internal launch of “Our Promise”. We’re bringing our highest standard of service from the U.S. to Mexico.
- More safety for you. “It Can Wait” came to Mexico. We joined forces with Mexico City’s government to call on drivers across the country to keep their eyes on the road, not on their phone. And we’re making sure it doesn’t stop there. This movement will be in other major cities this year.
- More opportunities for you. We’re strongly committed to our employees in Mexico. We introduced the “Women in Action” program to promote the participation of women in the corporate environment. Today, women hold 33% of leadership positions in AT&T, up from 10% when we started operating in Mexico earlier in 2015. As a result of these efforts, we were proud to receive a certification from the Great Place To Work (GPTW) Institute in Mexico last year.
And 2016 looks just as bright. We’re building the first Mobile Service area in North America. It will cover more than 400 million people and companies in Mexico and the U.S. We want you to be part of this revolutionary time. Our products and services are available, not only at AT&T stores in 32 cities in Mexico, but Iusacell and Nextel Mexico stores as well.
We feel confident that through creating competition and shaping a new generation of mobile Internet in Mexico, we will transform the industry. Ultimately, transforming the way you live, work and play.
- See more at: http://about.att.com/newsroom/the_year_mexico_said_bienvenidos.html#sthash.hSeyR6lT.dpuf