By Danielle Babbington
This past October Virgin Mobile USA1 unveiled unlimited data-free music streaming for customers, and now we are adding more music partners! Beginning today, 8tracks and Samsung Milk Music join Pandora, iHeartRadio and Slacker Radio with Data-Free2Music streaming on Virgin Mobile Unlimited plans.
Customers now have new music streaming apps to choose from that will provide hours of continuous flowing music that won’t put a dent in their monthly data allotment. The new music streaming choices include:
- 8tracks delivers the right playlist for every taste, activity or mood. Pick from millions of playlists, each lovingly crafted by people who care about music. You’ll tune in for unmatched depth, non-stop discovery, and music you love with a human touch.
- Samsung Milk Music is a streaming radio service that offers a simple way to surface the music that is right for you. Try out the intuitive dial and enjoy over 200 stations curated by tastemakers.
Visit http://www.virginmobileusa.com/datafreemusic/ for updates as more music partners are added.
Virgin Mobile USA Adds Two LG Smartphones
Need a new phone to take advantage of Data-Free Music streaming? Check out the LG Tribute 2™ and LG G Stylo™ available now:
- LG Tribute 2 offers an upgraded 4.5-inch IPS display with 854×480 resolution versus the first LG Tribute. This larger screen is an ideal size for viewing content in vibrant, genuine color. With a new and more efficient battery LG Tribute 2 sports a removable 1,900mAh battery that offers up to 16 hours of talk time3.
- LG G Stylo is a powerhouse smartphone that takes entertainment and productivity to the next level with an enormous 5.7-inch HD IPS touchscreen display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 and a convenient Stylus Pen for easy, efficient writing and drawing. Capture incredible shots with the 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with Laser Auto-Focus and 5-megapixel front camera with Soft Light and Gesture Shot for upping your selfie game.
Other key features available on both devices include:
- Android™ 5.1, Lollipop, for an intuitive and easy-to-use smartphone experience.
- 1.2GHz quad-core processor for smooth and seamless on-device performance.
- Knock Code™ for a personalized knock sequence to wake and unlock your phone.
- QuickMemo®+ to write or draw on nearly any screen and schedule memos to appear at certain times using calendar inputs.
- Keyboard supports more than 75 languages and is height-adjustable to adapt to your typing and style patterns.
- Fun selfie features, including Gesture Shot, which lets you snap a picture by holding up a simple hand gesture; Gesture Interval Shot, which takes a sequence of four selfies; and a Selfie Light to improve photo quality in low lighting.
About Virgin Mobile USA
Virgin Mobile USA4, one of Sprint’s prepaid brands, offers control, flexibility and connectivity to value-seeking customers through a variety of no-contract wireless plans on the Nationwide Sprint® Network with LTE and Enhanced LTE service (where available)5. Virgin Mobile offers a diverse selection of iconic smartphones. Experience Virgin Mobile on the Web at virginmobileusa.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube.
# # #
1Virgin Mobile has no annual contracts; service subject to certain terms.
2Limitless Music: Some streaming partners may require paid subscription or assess other fees. Cloud streaming, song downloads, video content, non-audio content and other data sent by streaming partners (e.g., pic advertisements, album art) excluded. Hotspot data not included. Available from select content providers. Visithttp://www.virginmobileusa.com/datafreemusic and check list as more services may be added.
3Actual battery time may vary depending on network connectivity and application use.
4Virgin and the Virgin signature logo are registered trademarks of Virgin Enterprises Limited and are used under license.
5Nationwide Sprint LTE network reaches over 280 million people. The Enhanced LTE network reaches 125 million people on devices with enabled tri-band LTE capability. Visit www.sprint.com/coverage for info.
LG and the LG logo are registered trademarks of LG Corp. The LG Tribute 2 and LG G Stylo are trademarks of LG Electronics, Inc.
Danielle Babbington is the public relations manager for the Boost Mobile brand at Sprint. Based in sunny southern Calif., she oversees all public relations programs for the Boost brand including product and service launches, sponsorships, events, advertising, brand initiatives and more. Danielle can be reached at email@example.com.
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date