- Eight-week operations assessment benchmarks and advises for efficiency improvements
- Network Operations Center Consolidation service to achieve >30% OPEX savings
- Managed Transport to complete the end to end fixed/mobile convergence network operations
Espoo, Finland - 8 September 2015
Nokia Networks’ new service offerings are set to help operators address the challenges of consolidating network operations and managing mobile/fixed communications convergence. With the renewed service package, Nokia Networks can analyze an operator’s current operations and recommend efficiency improvements, centralize several Network Operations Centers (NOCs) into one, and manage an operator’s entire infrastructure for all fixed and mobile technologies.
The services typically translate into more than 30 percent operational expenditure (OPEX) reductions, improve first level resolution by 23 percent, and have proven to raise transport network quality by 5 percent due to synergy in end-to-end operations.
78% of operators want support for consolidation
Creating a converged operations model is deemed by far the most important structural organizational issue that needs to be addressed, with 78% of operators identifying this as the priority. Yet, according to a recent study conducted by Ovum, the overwhelming majority of operators believe that they need assistance with consolidation.*
Assessing, implementing and managing centralization
- Typically lasting eight weeks, the Nokia Operations Assessment Service benchmarks an operator against its peers and industry best practice, giving practical advice on how to improve operational efficiency and quality. The assessment produces a detailed cost/benefit analysis to improve operational efficiency and prepare the operator for Telco Cloud and/or customer centric transformation.
- Nokia NOC Consolidation Service delivers centralized benefits for e.g. a centralized hub in one country, for several affiliates across borders, and to support converged fixed and mobile technologies. NOC consolidation has proven to achieve >30 percent OPEX reduction.
- Nokia Managed Transport Service looks after the operations and maintenance of an operator’s entire multivendor, multitechnology transport infrastructure. Besides raising overall network quality with 5% with end- to-end operations for radio, core and transport, Nokia has observed a further 30% OPEX reductions in field maintenance.
- The consolidation services are delivered under the Nokia Managed Services umbrella which manages operator networks for over 550 million subscribers worldwide. The services are based on Nokia best practices around the world and are now standardized in an effective package to support operators going through centralization and mobile/fixed communications convergence.
Amit Dhingra, Vice President Managed Services, Nokia Networks, said: “Streamlining processes through consolidation is a global trend, while convergence has emerged as an equal priority with just 29% of operators today being mobile only. Our renewed expert services are tailored to meet the special needs of centralizing network operations. They help operators achieve substantial efficiency improvements and quality gains by providing insights and recommendations, implementing the consolidation project itself, and delivering managed services to run and maintain radio, transport and core infrastructure.”
Did you know?
Some 52 percent of operators have implemented or are implementing a centralized operations strategy of some sort, and a further 23 percent are considering it, with 68 percent working with a network vendor on a centralization project.*
The average satisfaction score** for Nokia Networks managed services in the first half of 2015 was 8.1 and the average availability of managed services was 97 percent. In addition, 45 percent of our managed services projects are delivered remotely and 66 percent of all deliveries are multivendor. In Service Management, complaints were reduced by 20% for an Asian Operator.
- Webpage: Professional Services
- Webpage: Consolidation Services
- Webpage: ExpertAdvantage
- Success Story: Mobily
- Video: Avantel Customer Case
- Video: Vodafone Customer Case
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: network, operations, consolidation, centralization, convergence, Services, Expert Advantage
By focusing on the human possibilities of technology, Nokia embraces the connected world to help people thrive. Our three businesses are leaders in their fields. Nokia Networks provides broadband infrastructure software and services, HERE provides mapping, navigation and location intelligence, and Nokia Technologies provides advanced technology development and licensing.
Nokia Networks, which provides broadband infrastructure, software and services, operates at the forefront of our industry. From the first ever call on GSM to the first call on LTE, we have set the pace of innovation, a record that continues with future technologies such as 5G. Together with our operator customers, who serve close to 5 billion subscribers, we are embracing the opportunity of the connected world and helping to solve its challenges.
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900
- See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-networks-new-consolidation-services-pave-the-way-towards-communications-convergence#sthash.NiZ7qvwQ.dpuf