- Nokia Ad Analytics opens up a new revenue stream for operators by offering value-add data to the advertising industry
- With Nokia Big Data Consultancy operators can maximize the value of their big data platforms and monetize their network insights
- According to a recent 451 Research Study, the total market of Telecom Data as a Service is expected to reach $79bn by 2020.Two of the most promising use case areas are mobile advertising and proximity advertising
Espoo, Finland – 8 September 2015
Nokia Ad Analytics works in cooperation between operators, advertising companies and Nokia Networks. The service extracts the right data from operator networks, anonymizes it, analyzes it according to target segments specified by the advertising agency, and enriches it with location data from maps and demographic data from public sources. Nokia Big Data Consultancy builds on Nokia Networks’ existing analytics and CEM expertise in big data architecture, network data insight, analytical modelling and value realization approach to help operators reduce costs, improve customer experience and grow subscriber revenue.
Nokia Networks has extensive experience in the collection, analysis and actioning of network data with operators through its leading position in Customer Experience Management (CEM), for example from CEM on Demand products and CEM Office services.
What the services offer:
- Nokia Ad Analytics supports multiple advertising use cases, for example optimizing placement of outdoor advertising and messages on digital billboards. In online marketing, relevant promotions can be delivered based on lifestyle, habitat and status of the mobile subscriber.
- In an Asian country advertisers estimate a five-fold increase in conversion rates with Nokia Ad Analytics.
- Nokia Big Data Consultancy expertise will assist operators in understanding their current big data landscape and building analytics models that can drive high value use cases.
Deepak Harie, Vice President Systems Integration at Nokia Networks, said: “The mobile advertising market is booming, driven by large advertising platforms such as Google and Facebook. We are foreseeing that enriched data from mobile networks can help advertisers boost their revenue by up to 33 percent compared to advertising based on cookies. Nokia is the ideal partner to help operators realize this value in a rapidly expanding market. Nokia offers the deep telco expertise and analytics capabilities strengthened by location expertise to bring raw network data alive.”
Sheryl Kingstone, Director, 451 Research, said: “The majority of current mobile advertising rely on cookies, which show a very low success with a conversion rate of less than 0.1%. With 43% of businesses being in pilot or planning stages, there is demand and will to pay for more contextual data that will help them deliver the right offer to the right consumer, on the right device, at optimal time.”
Did you know?
A recent 451 Research Study assesses the Telecom Data as a Service addressable market to be $24.1bn in 2015 and to grow to $79bn in 2020. Two of the most promising use case areas are mobile advertising (estimated to grow from $5.6bn to $19.3bn) and proximity advertising (from $4.1bn to $15.4bn). Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods, and Governments are the verticals that have the biggest needs for telecom data*.
Click here to download a Nokia Networks’ picture of advertising on digital billboards.
- Nokia AdAnalytics webpage
- Nokia Big Data Consultancy webpage
- Customer Experience Management web pages
- Big data & analytics launch web page
- Webinar: Big data and predictive analytics: Are you ready to get personal?
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: Big data, analytics, Customer Experience Management, data monetization, professional services
By focusing on the human possibilities of technology, Nokia embraces the connected world to help people thrive. Our three businesses are leaders in their fields: Nokia Networks provides broadband infrastructure, software and services; HERE provides mapping, navigation and location intelligence; and Nokia Technologies provides advanced technology development and licensing. www.nokia.com
Nokia Networks, which provides broadband infrastructure, software and services, operates at the forefront of our industry. From the first ever call on GSM to the first call on LTE, we have set the pace of innovation, a record that continues with future technologies such as 5G. Together with our operator customers, who serve close to 5 billion subscribers, we are embracing the opportunity of the connected world and helping to solve its challenges. http://networks.nokia.com/
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900
– See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-networks-launches-two-analytics-services-for-operators-to-tap-into-79bn-market-poten#sthash.ev3W2fKN.dpuf