Whether you’re looking to get your body beach-ready for summer or just want to start some healthy habits, we’ve found a few health and fitness apps we really believe in. Check them out and get your workout on! Also, in case you missed it, last week we told you about some great fitness band trackers from Sprint – you can read about them here: Wearables for the workout warrior. Stay tuned for an infographic later this week, “Get Your Phone Fit for Summer.”
MapMyRun by MapMyFitness
This GPS-based app will track your runs and a whole lot more. Here’s a few of our favorite features:
- See the exact route you’ve traveled on an interactive map
- For each workout, record time, distance, pace, calorie burn and more
- The gear tracker tracks mileage put on your shoes so you know when it’s time for a new pair
- With 600+ activities to choose from, log and record any type of workout you can think of
- Get the MapMyRun app for iOS or Android. Free
Lose It! By Fit Now
Designed to help you lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way the Lose It! app will get you on track to success.
- Set a weight loss goal and follow a customized weight loss plan made to fit your life
- Track everything you eat and do with an easy-to-use tracking tool that even scans barcodes on food packaging
- Connect with the Lose It! community to get peer support on your weight loss journey
- Lose It! plays nice with popular fitness wearables like select Jawbone Up and FitBit devices
- Get the Lose It! App for iOS or Android. Free
7 Minute Workout by Wahoo Fitness
If you want to start working out but don’t feel like you’ve got the time, this app can help you pack it all in in just 7 minutes a day.
- It’s the workout you can take anywhere because every exercise requires only your own body weight
- In the app, you’ll get a video and text description of each exercise
- Go through a series of 12 high-intensity bodyweight exercises that are 30 seconds each with a 10 second break – just 7 minutes in total!
- You’re guided with voice prompts the whole time, so you don’t need a timer.
- Get the 7 Minute Workout App for iOS and Android Free
Amy Johnsonbaugh is a communications manager for the Apps and Services team at Sprint. Based in Orange County, Calif., she can answer questions related to Sprint-branded or third-party consumer applications, music/entertainment applications, accessibility applications, Sprint ID and family service applications. Amy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.