- First Nokia Networks Telco Cloud implementation in Brazil
- Nokia Networks selected as sole supplier for radio access, core network and services
- Algar Telecom to introduce LTE services in the 700 MHz band, modernize its 3G network and pave the path for VoLTE and VoWiFi services
São Paulo, Brazil – 22 April 2015
Algar Telecom, the telecommunications arm of the Algar group, has entrusted Nokia Networks with the responsibility of enabling LTE services in the 700 MHz band, upgrading its 3G network and implementing Telco Cloud. Under a 5-year turnkey contract, Nokia Networks will provide radio and core networks and managed services to transform the operator’s network infrastructure. With this, subscribers in Minas Gerais, Goiás, Mato Grosso do Sul and São Paulo will soon enjoy new voice and data services with excellent coverage and capacity.
Post implementation, subscribers will have access to significantly better 3G services as Algar Telecom continues to expand its coverage across Brazil. Additionally, Nokia Networks will modernize the operator’s network to enable it to offer 4G services in the future – thus reaffirming Algar Telecom’s commitment to continually evolve and adapt its infrastructure to address the demand for data-centric services.
Telco Cloud revolutionizes how operators run their networks, launch new services
As a cutting-edge technology, Telco Cloud provides multiple benefits for operators and their customers alike. With Nokia Networks’ cloud infrastructure, Algar Telecom will have flexibility in its network to cope with unpredictable data traffic patterns and shorten roll-out time for new services while reducing deployment costs. This approach marks a significant step in the operator’s strategy to increase network capacity and provide excellent customer experience.
Key highlights of the solutions and services provided by Nokia Networks:
- Compact and energy-efficient Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station*, a software-defined radio platform, complemented with Flexi Zone** small cell solution
- Telco Cloud Infrastructure, including IMS and Evolved Packet Core, to make Algar Telecom’s network more flexible, scalable and open to innovation
- iSON Manager, a centralized Self Organizing Networks solution to improve Algar Telecom’s network efficiency
- Subscriber Data Management Platform***, a centralized database for all relevant subscriber information
- NetAct, a virtualized OSS, for effective and consolidated monitoring and optimization of Algar Telecom’s LTE network
- Professional Services from Network Planning and Optimization, Systems Integration & Managed Services with Network Implementation supported by Global Service Delivery and Care Services
- Nokia cloud related services to help implement telco cloud into the operator infrastructure
Divino Sebastião de Souza, President and Chief Executive Officer, Algar Telecom, said: “As one of the recognized leaders in the global network equipment industry, Nokia Networks is our first-choice supplier for this critical project that will consolidate our reputation as one of Brazil’s preferred operators. With their support, we are building a future-ready network that will offer nothing less than the best to our subscribers – be it in terms of customer experience, or the wide array of innovative voice and data services that will soon be available. This network will also reduce our Carbon footprint and minimize our environmental impact, as we will be deploying energy-efficient equipment.”
Dimitri Diliani, Head of Latin America, Nokia Networks, said: “Our technology portfolio and services expertise will allow Algar Telecom to offer a truly unmatched customer experience. This contract validates and further strengthens our growing footprint in the Brazilian market.”
Did you know?
Nokia has more than 170 LTE customers, which operate across all inhabited continents of the world and include the largest operators (measured by LTE subscriber count) and the fastest LTE-Advanced networks (by subscriber data rate).
Click here for a photo of Nokia’s Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station.
- Telco Cloud Website
- Webinar: Nokia Networks expands telco cloud portfolio (29 April 2015)
- Blog: Nokia Telco Cloud was one hot ticket at MWC 2015
- Blog: My cloud + your cloud = our cloud
- Blog: Telco cloud services poised to play – now meet the conductor
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: mobile broadband, LTE, 4G, Telco Cloud, Algar Telecom, Brazil, OSS, services
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://networks.nokia.com/ // http://company.nokia.com
Phone: +55 11 95257 5873
Phone: +358 7140 02869
* Nokia’s compact, multi-technology, modular and weatherproof Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station is an award winner and supports a throughput of 10 Gbps. It improves power consumption in base station sites by 70% compared to traditional cabinet-based sites.
** Nokia Flexi Zone enables operators to increase capacity by deploying clusters of access points in hot spots and zones. The award-winning Flexi Zone is an LTE/3G/Wi-Fi-capable solution which complements macro networks with an underlay of small cells at the street and indoor level. This provides significant performance benefits, macro co-existence, traffic offloading, simplified backhauling and low O&M impact so that operators can provide a remarkably rich customer experience in urban capacity problem areas while keeping the total cost of ownership much lower than traditional small-cell deployments.
*** Nokia’s Subscriber Data Management (SDM), including One-NDS and New Technology Home Location Register (NT-HLR), is a central entity for mobile communication networks. It hosts all relevant subscriber information as well as network and mobility application information needed to allow a completely seamless communication in GSM, 3G and LTE networks worldwide. SDM architecture is based on the concept of separating application service logic (dataless NT HLR front end) and application data (One-NDS). Because of this architecture, the solution scales flexibly and is highly reliable, providing new value added functionalities for operators.
– See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-networks-algar-telecom-deploy-lte-network-and-telco-cloud-in-brazil#sthash.lrvGo8Oj.dpuf