- Nokia Networks positioned furthest in “completeness of vision”
- Believes this reaffirms Nokia Networks’ commitment to drive the adoption of LTE, TD-LTE and LTE-Advanced
- Fifth consecutive year in the leaders quadrant
Espoo, Finland – 24 April 2015
Gartner, Inc., one of the world’s reputed analyst firms, has again placed Nokia Networks in the Leaders quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for LTE Network Infrastructure 2015.” Of the 10 vendors evaluated this year, Nokia Networks was positioned furthest in “completeness of vision,” which assesses a vendor's market understanding, product and market strategies, and innovation, among other categories. Nokia Networks believes this distinction underscores the company’s unwavering focus on developing and promoting end-to-end LTE and TD-LTE solutions for operators worldwide. Gartner’s Magic Quadrant evaluates vendors on end-to-end LTE network solutions, based on portfolio, vision and ability to execute.
As of Q1 2015, Nokia Networks has 175 commercial references for delivering LTE to top operators across the globe, including nine out of the ten largest LTE and TD-LTE operators, measured in terms of LTE subscribers.
Each year, Mobile World Congress provides an ideal platform for Nokia Networks to showcase its industry-leading advancements in LTE. Here’s a brief summary of the company’s key LTE innovations introduced over the past 5 years:
- 2015: Nokia Networks scales up LTE-Advanced for dense networks
Nokia Networks showcases new TD-LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation features
- 2014: Introduction of Centralized RAN
- 2013: Launch of Liquid Applications revolutionizes the mobile base station
- 2012: Arrival of Flexi Zone
- 2011: World’s first successful demonstration of LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation on commercial equipment
Marc Rouanne, Executive Vice President, Mobile Broadband, Nokia Networks, said: “Nokia Networks plays a leading role in building the connected world, a goal that perfectly complements our strategy to create new opportunities and possibilities for operators and consumers. LTE is driving our vision into reality – a fact that we believe has been reaffirmed by our leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant.”
“Our entire portfolio, including core, radio, global services and security, is geared up to deliver cutting-edge LTE performance for operators. Our strategic focus and R&D initiatives are trained upon further enhancing our reputation as the supplier-of-choice for the global operator community, even as we continue our endeavors to strengthen the ecosystem for LTE across continents.”
A complimentary copy of the Gartner “Magic Quadrant for LTE Network Infrastructure report published April 20, 2015 is available here.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- LTE webpage
- Whitepaper: LTE-Advanced Evolution (Rel.12-14)
- Whitepaper: LTE-Advanced (Rel.12 and beyond)
- Whitepaper: LTE-Advanced (focus on Rel.10)
- Video: LTE-A Carrier Aggregation
- Infographic: LTE-A Carrier Aggregation infographic
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: Gartner, LTE, Magic Quadrant, Nokia, Nokia Networks
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Phone: +358 7140 02869
- See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/gartner-recognizes-nokia-networks-in-leaders-quadrant-of-magic-quadrant-for-lte-network-in#sthash.lhJ6SZkC.dpuf