- Nokia Networks and iWireless extend relationship to build an end-to-end LTE network and upgrade operator’s existing radio access network for 2G/3G
- Nokia’s Subscriber Data Management system to provide a flexible, proven platform for easy creation and launch of new services
Irving, Texas, USA – 10 March 2015
Nokia Networks expands its relationship with iWireless, a regional wireless provider in Iowa, eastern Nebraska and western Illinois, with a new technology evolution contract. Nokia Networks will modernize iWireless’ existing 2G and 3G network and build an end-to-end LTE infrastructure. This will enable iWireless to achieve technology parity with T-Mobile and other major U.S. operators. iWireless customers will enjoy advanced communication services with improved capacity and data speed.
Nokia Networks is the sole supplier of iWireless’ end-to-end radio and core solution for its 2G and 3G network. The new contract maintains Nokia Networks’ exclusive position for all of iWireless’ network elements.
Under the new contract, Nokia Networks will provide:
- Single RAN Advanced platform based on award-winning Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station for 2G, 3G and LTE
- Evolved Packet Core network, including Flexi Network Server and Flexi Network Gateway, to upgrade current packet core for LTE
- Nokia’s Subscriber Data Management system based on One-NDS, HLR and HSS platforms for a highly flexible yet extremely stable and proven platform. Offers all relevant subscriber data in one common repository for easy creation and launch of new services
- Global Services including network implementation, planning and optimization as well as a full set of Care Services for a high quality, high availability network
Craven Shumaker, President and CEO of iWireless, said: “Nokia Networks’ innovative solutions and expertise, coupled with the fact that they have been a long-standing partner, make them the ideal choice as our technology evolution supplier. Nokia Networks’ innovation is second to none and allows us to use iWireless’ existing network and hardware. This will provide a smooth modernization and transition to LTE, enabling us to meet our customers’ growing demand for data with a reliable and faster user experience.”
Ricky Corker, Executive Vice President of North America, Nokia Networks, said: “We’re pleased to extend our relationship with iWireless. Nokia Networks’ technology and services expertise will enable iWireless to modernize its network and deploy LTE with minimal intrusion, transforming their network to LTE in the most optimal, cost effective way.”
Did you know?
Nokia Networks has 170 LTE customers around the world.
- Blog: Nokia NetAct around the world with 200 customers; Brilliant LTE display at Busan Fireworks festival in Korea
- Webpage (Nokia): http://networks.nokia.com/portfolio/products/mobile-broadband/long-term-evolution-lte
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: #NetworksPerform, #smallcells, #HetNet
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE; we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://networks.nokia.com// http://company.nokia.com/
iWireless, a leading regional wireless communications provider serving Iowa, western Illinois, and eastern Nebraska. Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Urbandale, iWireless is owned by T-Mobile USA and Iowa Network Services (a consortium of 122 Iowa Independent Telecommunications Companies). iWireless has over 250 full service company stores and authorized dealers and offers customers access to the world’s largest and fastest wireless voice and data network. For more information on iWireless, visit http://www.iwireless.com
Phone: +214 728 6197
Phone: +358 7140 02869
Phone: +515 258 7519
– See more at: http://networks.nokia.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-networks-selected-by-iwireless-as-sole-supplier-for-lte-network-in-us#sthash.DY55Bdn7.dpuf