Highlights several industry-firsts including an elastically scalable Session Border Controller NFV application and new High Definition video transcoding and media processing capabilities in the cloud
Frisco, TX. - February 26, 2015 – GENBAND™, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, today announced that it will demonstrate its differentiated Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) applications designed for the service provider cloud at the Mobile World Congress 2015. GENBAND will showcase several industry firsts including an elastic QUANTiX™ Distributed Session Border Controller (SBC) that dynamically scales based on the workload in an NFV environment. Additionally, the company will reveal its new cloud-based media processing capabilities via a High Definition video transcoding SBC application, with the independently scalable control and media plane SBC components both running in a virtualized NFV cloud environment.
“These solutions put the spotlight on the differentiation of GENBAND’s NFV and SBC solutions, highlighting our commitment to the innovation we are bringing to market,” said John McCready, Executive Vice President of Products and Corporate Development at GENBAND. “Our dynamic, elastic offering goes well beyond just moving an SBC into a software container. It offers flexibility to deploy control and media planes independently and supports industry-leading scalability that is needed for VoLTE interconnects and many other applications.”
- GENBAND extends SBC leadership with an NFV-based elastic Distributed Session Border Controller.
- New cloud-based High Definition video transcoding reinforces GENBAND’s market-leading media processing capabilities.
- GENBAND is working closely with key NFV ecosystems including HP, Intel, Alcatel-Lucent, Wind River, Cyan, Canonical and Kontron to bring differentiated solutions to market with multiple NFV frameworks.
- The cloud-based video transcoding solution utilizes the latest Intel technologies (including DPDK and MSDK) and development kits for optimal performance in the cloud.
- GENBAND NFV applications support full cloud-based approaches for signaling and media; integrated, distributed or hybrid architectures combining the cloud and the network.
- GENBAND NFV applications include hybrid deployment options with signaling/control in the cloud and media in the network allowing for seamless introduction of NFV in the communications service provider cloud.
- Beyond leadership in NFV application technologies, GENBAND is also working closely with its service provider customers on advanced new business models associated with the cloud.
- GENBAND’s NFV portfolio spans its comprehensive real-time communications solutions set comprised of multiple, high-performance Virtual Network Functions or NFV applications, including Session Border Controllers, Intelligent Messaging, WebRTC Gateway, Wireless Access Gateway, Session Control and Applications Server solutions, and an intelligent cloud manager that provides seamless interworking into broader NFV infrastructures.
- GENBAND’s NFV applications fully support the key elasticity, scalability, automation and orchestration tenets for cloud and virtualized environments as specified by ETSI and are agnostic to the virtualization infrastructure or orchestration environments.
McCready added, “In addition to our NFV capabilities we are also showcasing our new Kandy Platform-as-a-Service, the Wireless Access Gateway for Voice Over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi) and Small Cell security applications, our fring service provider Over-the-Top application running on Kandy, as well as our Unified Communications and WebRTC solutions.”
GENBAND AT MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS 2015: Hall 2, Booth 2I31.
GENBAND NFV solutions will also be showcased at the HP ISV Showcase in Hall 2, Booth 2D50.
GENBAND is a global leader in real time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. The company’s Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility and Embedded Communications solutions enable its customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND’s market-leading solutions, which are deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud, help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today’s consumers and businesses for real time communications wherever they happen to be. To learn more visit www.genband.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon and Kandy are trademarks of GENBAND.
GENBAND US PR
GENBAND International PR
- See more at: http://www.genband.com/media-center/press-releases/genband-showcase-industry-leading-nfv-applications-mobile-world-congress#sthash.qCgTN3DH.dpuf