ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. & OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), February 26, 2015 - Sometimes the best things in life really are free. Sprint (NYSE:S, news, filings) is gearing up for a March 13 launch of LG G PadTM F 7.0, the first tablet from LG Electronics on Sprint’s 4G LTE network.
“LG G Pad F 7.0 is a perfect companion to any Android smartphone, especially with these low-cost purchasing options,” said David Owens, senior vice president–Product, Sprint. “Once again, Sprint proves that we are the best value in wireless by giving our customers a dynamic tablet at no cost or the option to add it to the $90 Family Share Pack plan5 with up to 5 devices and 12 GB of data. There is no better time to choose Sprint for all your wireless needs.”
New and existing customers can purchase G Pad F 7.0 for free in select retail channels with a new two-year service agreement and data plan as long as the customer has an active smartphone on their Sprint account. For a limited time, Sprint will also offer two virtual bundled promotions that include LG G Pad F 7.0 and an LG smartphone offering well-qualified customers two great LG products for one low price:
- For only $901 per month and $0 down, lease LG G32 with unlimited data, talk and text while on the Sprint network AND G Pad F 7.0 on Sprint Easy Pay3 with 1GB of Data per month
- For only $954 per month and $0 down, purchase LG G Flex2 with Sprint Easy Pay with unlimited data, talk and text while on the Sprint network AND G Pad F 7.0 with 1GB of Data per month
In addition, the device can be purchased on its own with Sprint Easy PaySM. Well-qualified buyers can get it with $0 down, no finance fees and 24 easy monthly payments of $10 (SRP: $240; excluding taxes). The robust tablet will be sold in all Sprint retail channels including www.sprint.com and 1-800-Sprint1.
G Pad F 7.0 sports a sleek and lightweight unibody design that fits comfortably into the palm of your hand. It has a 7-inch WXGA IPS display that provides sharp images with true-to-life color. It boasts a Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 410 1.2GHZ quad-core processor to enable easy multitasking.
With LG Q Pair™, G Pad F 7.0 partners with any smartphone running the Android™ operating system6 to seamlessly receive and reply to notifications. For example, customers can receive and respond to SMS and MMS messages and even answer an incoming call using the tablet’s speaker. G Pad F 7.0 also features Peel, an app that allows the tablet to perform like a smart remote to control a TV or DVR with additional controls tying in social media to enhance the viewing experience.
Key features of the device include:
- LG’s visually pleasing user interface is designed with flat icons that are grouped together for simple and smart navigation.
- Knock Code allows users to customize a three to eight pattern knock combination to wake and unlock their G Pad F 7.0 with just one hand. With more than 86,000 different combination patterns, G Pad F 7.0 helps users feel safe about their privacy on the go.
- Gesture Shot lets users take a selfie with the front-facing camera using a simple hand movement to activate a countdown.
- SmartShare Beam lets users share music, videos, photos and documents to other compatible devices.
- Dual Window splits the display into two panels, each with a view of different apps for effective and efficient multitasking on the go.
- Users have access to Sprint’s 4G LTE network and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n.
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM / Micro SD Slot (up to 128GB)
- Battery: 4,000mAh
- Camera: 5-megapixel rear-facing camera / 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Two color options – white is available on March 13 and black will arrive in stores on April 10.
About LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc.
LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the U.S. sales subsidiary of LG Electronics USA, Inc., a global innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG's consumer-centric products ? including the flagship premium G Series models ? incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served nearly 56 million connections as of Dec. 31, 2014, and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America for the past four years. You can learn more and visit Sprint atwww.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1 $90 per month: Offers end 5/14/15. For well- qualified customers. Requires new lines of service or eligible upgrade. LG G 3 $15/mo for 24 months with Sprint Lease. LG G Pad F 7.0 $10/mo for 24 months with Sprint Easy Pay. Includes $60 Sprint Unlimited Plan and 1GB Tablet plan for $15/mo. $10 per month service credit. Service credit applied within 2 invoices.
2 No equipment security deposit required. Req. service plan. Customer is responsible for insurance and any repairs. If service or lease is cancelled early, the remaining lease payments become due immediately and customer must return the device or pay the purchase option.
3 Req. 24-mo. installment agreement, 0% APR, & qualifying device & service plan. Down payment, unfinanced portion and sales tax (on full purchase price) due at purchase. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due.
4 $95 per month Offers end 5/14/15. For well- qualified customers. Requires new lines of service or eligible upgrade. LG G Flex2 $21/mo for 24 months with Sprint Easy Pay. LG G Pad F 7.0 $10/mo for 24 months. Includes $60 Sprint Unlimited Plan and 1GB Tablet plan for $15/mo. $11 per month service credit. Service credit applied within 2 invoices. See store rep for details.
5 After waived access charges when you switch to Sprint and bring your number. After 3/31/16 pay applicable $20 - $10/mo./line access charges.
6 Compatible with phones running Android™ 4.1 or later and Q Pair™ application installation from Google Play Store is required. Some functionality might be limited depending on your phone.
7 Portions of on-board storage are dedicated to operating system and required services, and not usage by applications, pictures, video or other personal data.