Company continues aggressive efforts to help communications service providers realize the true benefits of NFV through differentiated solutions and ecosystem approach
Frisco, Texas, December 8, 2014 – GENBAND™, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, today announced that it has joined the Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand™ Ecosystem Program. The Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand Ecosystem Program is designed to accelerate market development for Network Functions Virtualization (NFV). The award-winning program is among the first open community of platform vendors, virtual application vendors and service providers who are developing NFV. As a member of the Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand Ecosystem Program GENBAND will access Alcatel-Lucent’s NFV lab to integrate key components of its NFV applications and solutions portfolio with Alcatel-Lucent’s CloudBand NFV Platform, comprising the CloudBand Management System and distributed CloudBand Nodes.
“With more than 30 customer projects underway Alcatel-Lucent is already a recognized industry leader in NFV, so we are delighted to join their CloudBand Ecosystem Program to help deliver the benefits of NFV to service providers,” said Keith Landau, Executive Vice President of Research and Development for GENBAND. “We will use the CloudBand NFV Platform to test our NFV applications portfolio consisting of high-performance distributed or co-located signaling, control and media communications solutions.”
“We are committed to progressing NFV through sharing experiences and developing use cases with an open community, so we welcome GENBAND to the Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand Ecosystem Program,” said Valerie Noto, Director CloudBand Ecosystem Program, Alcatel-Lucent. “Together with our other ecosystem members we look forward to helping our service provider customers effectively evolve their networks through a world-class NFV platform.”
- GENBAND is now a member of the Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand Ecosystem Program.
- GENBAND will access Alcatel-Lucent’s NFV lab to onboard key components of its NFV applications and solutions portfolio onto the Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand NFV platform.
- GENBAND advocates close cooperation with ecosystems to bring high-performance NFV solutions to market.
- GENBAND’s NFV portfolio spans its comprehensive real-time communications solutions set comprised of multiple, high-performance applications and products including Session Border Controllers, Intelligent Messaging, WebRTC Gateway, Wireless Access Gateway,Session Control and Applications Server solutions, and an intelligent cloud manager that provides seamless interworking into broader NFV infrastructures.
- GENBAND’s NFV solutions support the key elasticity, scalability and orchestration tenets for cloud and virtualized environments as specified by ETSI.
The company will showcase its NFV capabilities at the Carrier Network Virtualization Conference & Expo in Palo Alto, CA. December 9-11.
GENBAND is a global leader in real time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. The company’s Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility andEmbedded Communications solutions enable its customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND’s market-leading solutions, which are deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud, help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today’s consumers and businesses for real time communications wherever they happen to be. To learn more visit www.genband.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.
Alcatel, Lucent, Alcatel-Lucent, the Alcatel-Lucent log and CloudBand are trademarks of Alcatel-Lucent. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
+1 (972) 521 5921