GEN14 to Showcase State-of-the-Art Innovations Powered By Carrier Ethernet, SDN & NFV as Centerpiece of the 17-20 November 2014 Event
21 October 2014, Los Angeles, CA – The MEF announces that six participant groups have been selected to showcase interactive, Proof of Concept demonstrations of new service & technology innovations to shape the future of global networking and fuel productivity gains for service providers and end-users. The live Proof of Concept Showcase will be the focal point of the GEN14 event (GEN14.com) held on 17-20 November in Washington, DC. The Showcase will feature leading-edge implementations of dynamic cloud-centric services with SDN, NFV, automated provisioning, service orchestration, and other innovations.
Selected Showcase participants and their themes are:
- Allstream, Tata Communications: Demonstrate orchestration across carriers using API built on open MEF standards, for on-demand bandwidth. SDN extends CE2.0 Interconnect to elastic services, accelerating availability of secure and assured cloud services everywhere
- Amartus, Transition Networks: Rapid, agile environment to orchestrate and automate the roll-out, provisioning and operations of on-demand network and Cloud services. This environment uses an open-system and open-standards approach, CE 2.0 Ethernet demarcation devices and virtualized NFV, SDN and Cloud technologies
- CenturyLink, Ciena: Showcase benefits of automated orchestration of MEF services with collaboratively developed APIs related to the upcoming MEF 7.3 Information Model, interface profiles for simplified service activation and configuration and automated API testing
- Cyan: Demonstrate how Carrier Ethernet is enhanced by SDN and NFV including dynamic, on-demand services with end-to-end multi-vendor control, service chaining and multi-domain orchestration
- Oracle, InfoVista: Self-serve ordering and performance assurance of commercial-ready Network-as-a-Service, dynamically orchestrated and assured across the service provider and wholesale partners, integrated fully into critical business management processes, and designed for network technology abstraction.
- WebNMS, Omnitron Systems, VeEX. SDN orchestration of MEF CE 2.0 Services over a multi-vendor network with elastic service provisioning , Fault Isolation and dynamic bandwidth on demand with Service Activation & Assurance via cloud-based self-service Customer SLA portal
“The Proof of Concept showcase gets to the heart of true innovation. MEF GEN14 attendees can witness, first hand, collaborating implementations of what is possible in the world of service delivery to business users,” says Nan Chen, President of the MEF. “The response to our call for participants has been extraordinary. We thank and congratulate each collaborating group and the individual organizations for their ideas and efforts that reflect GEN14’s spirit of innovation. We can’t wait to see all of these systems in action at the event.”
Showcase participants were required to submit proposals based on interactive, on-site, and live networking that demonstrates new and upcoming implementations. The MEF has retained the services of well-known MEF member company EANTC as show organizers. Detailed Showcase profiles will be made available on the GEN14 and MEF web sites in the near future.
About the MEF:
The MEF is the defining body and driving force behind the global market for Carrier Ethernet. MEF’s flagship work is CE 2.0, including specifications, operational frameworks, certification programs for services, equipment and professionals (MEF-CECP 2.0). An industry alliance consisting of more than 225 member organizations, the MEF operates through a powerful collaborative framework of service providers, network solutions suppliers to achieve its CE 2.0 development and globalization objectives.
Building on thirteen years of success and widespread adoption of CE 2.0, MEF is now focused on defining Lifecycle Service Orchestration with APIs for existing network, NFV and SDN implementations enabling Agile, Assured and Orchestrated Network as a Service.
For more information about the MEF please visit www.MetroEthernetForum.org
The MEF will be showcasing its Third Network vision at the industry-wide Global Ethernet Networking 2014 (GEN14) event taking place on 17-20 November 2014 in Washington, DC. With a target audience exceeding 1,200 attendees, GEN14 is the must-attend networking event of the year for professionals involved in the CE services & technology industry. GEN14 will bring together 115+ CE, SDN, NFV, and Cloud expert speakers from across the globe.
Participants will consists of retail, wholesale, and mobile service providers; data center providers; cloud service providers; mid to large businesses; government organizations; utilities; network technology vendors; press; analysts and investors.
For GEN14 registration and other information, see www.gen14.com.
For GEN14 sponsorship information, contact GEN14 Program Director Stan Hubbard at email@example.com