CHATSWORTH, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sep. 16, 2014– MRV Communications ™, Inc. (NASDAQ: MRVC) (“MRV®”), a global provider of innovative packet and optical solutions, announced today that is has published a white paper that explores new techniques in Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) that revolutionize how service providers architect, build and operate networks. The white paper explains how SDN and NFV approaches can be leveraged to enable service innovation, service differentiation,CapEx/OpEx reduction and continued growth of services and revenues.
To download a full copy of the white paper, please visit: http://www.mrv.com/landing/mrvs-software-defined-networking-sdn-and-network-function-virtualization-nfv-products-and-architecture
- Traditionally, service providers had to choose between (a) utilizing hardware appliances for network functions while losing the benefits of NFV and SDN, or (b) leveraging NFV and/or SDN architecture on COTS servers while incurring associated traffic-forwarding rate limitations.
- MRV eliminates this dilemma by enabling service providers to process virtual functions in the cloud, or migrate functions to the metro service edge and customer premises. This approach results in gaining NFV and SDN benefits without compromising service performance.
- The unique architectures of MRV’s OptiPacket®, OptiDriver™, OptiSwitch®, Pro-Vision® and Linux open source software streamline service providers’ ability to migrate to NFV and SDN approaches by incorporating:
- a standardized virtualization operating environment that promotes improved performance, flexibility and the consolidation of management and provisioning functions;
- open, programmable hardware to ensure operators can reprogram devices quickly and on demand; and
- centralized, intelligent applications that implement dynamic, advanced services like application-awareness, security and traffic steering.
- “MRV continues to offer unique solutions that help service providers, data center operators, content delivery network providers and more grow their service portfolios, become more competitive in their markets and increase revenue,” said Zeev Draer, vice president of strategic marketing for MRV Communications. “MRV’s latest NFV and SDN developments encompass our broad packet and optical portfolio and have enabled us to further support our customers’ future network design and implementation plans to achieve service innovation, differentiation and agility.”
About MRV Communications
MRV Communications is a global provider in converged packet and optical solutions that empower the optical edge and network integration services for leading communications service providers. For more than two decades, the most demanding service providers, Fortune 1000 companies and governments worldwide have trusted MRV to provide best-in-class solutions and services for their mission-critical networks. We help our customers overcome the challenge of orchestrating the ever-increasing need for capacity while improving service delivery and lowering network costs for critical applications such as cloud connectivity, high-capacity business services, mobile backhaul and data center connectivity.
For more information please visit www.mrv.com.
Source: MRV Communications ™, Inc.
MRV Communications ™, Inc.
Ashley Baster, 919-435-9112