Amsterdam, Netherlands, September 22, 2014]: Huawei today launched their innovative IP VIDEO Solution 2.0 at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) 2014 in Amsterdam. The new solution uniquely integrates diverse features and a new user experience to improve video business platform facilitation from Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) to Video Everywhere. The innovative platform is part of Huawei video everywhere strategy which enables video@home, video@move and video@enterprise as well. Huawei envisions a video ecosystem, where videos become integral to our lives and work.
The new solution is empowered by cloud technology and provides a disruptive new user experience with supporting 4K and Evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast (eMBMS) over LTE on one convergent platform. And it brings 5 key values for the operators:
- Convergent+: Facilitates one convergent platform with seamless support of IPTV, Over The Top (OTT), Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) over cable, satellite or terrestrial, eMBMS Service which help operators to provide video across multi-networks.
- Connect+: Supports innovative cloud based multi-screen solutions to synergize fixed and mobile networks, which omits the need to change or modify home networking when supporting multi-screen services. And provides open Application Programming Interface and application Software Development Kit (SDK) to help operators build an open eco-system.
- Content+: Enables rich content by fully supporting 4K, and OTT content aggregation which can facilitate easier collaboration with OTT players in the Business to Business model.
- Efficiency Improvement: Provides Service Quality Management tools based on big data technology to significantly improve operation efficiency for operators.
- New business model support: Supports multi-tenant operations. Based on platforms as a service each tenant is able to create product packages and individual solutions for Electronic Program Guide user interface, language, currency, time zone and a Digital Rights Management system.
Huawei envisions a video ecosystem, where videos become integral to our lives and work. It is expected that during the next few years, over 80 percent of total internet traffic will be in video format. Huawei is the No.1 market leader for IP Video solutions. With over 54 commercial deployments worldwide and global system capacity supporting 40 million subscribers (as at August 2014), Huawei is actively developing cloud based IP video solutions to support multi-screen use, create an innovative user experience and new service applications which will add value for operators.
First held in 1967, IBC 2014 is the essential global meeting place for everyone engaged in creating, managing and delivering the future of electronic media and entertainment technology and content.