New Software Upgradable Configurations for the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers Deliver Investment Protection by Minimizing the Requirement for Hardware Upgrades
- Increased session and port capacity on the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers (SBCs) can now be activated via a license key, removing the need for technician-assisted installation of additional hardware.
- Sonus is the only SBC vendor enabling session and port capacity on branch office SBCs to be upgraded using software without the requirement of hardware upgrades, thereby reducing upgrade expenses and service disruptions.
- The new capabilities of the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 enable resellers to better serve end customers while reducing operational expenses or deploying additional field personnel.
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in SIP communications, today introduced new software and hardware enhancements to the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers (SBCs) which provide customers greater investment protection by enabling increased session and port capacity in a quick, simple manner. With the continued rapid growth of new real-time communications applications such as Microsoft Lync Enterprise Voice, there is a corresponding demand for more session throughput in customer deployments. Today’s announcement simplifies how enterprises – and the resellers who support them – can scale session capacity to meet the needs of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), video and other latency-sensitive collaboration tools associated with Unified Communications (UC) deployments.
With the introduction of Release 3.2, increased session and port capacity on the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 can now be activated remotely with a license key, removing the need for technician-assisted installation of additional hardware. The flexible architecture of the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 allows service providers, resellers and enterprises to quickly add capacity without the inconvenience of service disruption. Sonus is the only brand to offer such ease-of-use capability in a branch office SBC portfolio.
As workplace communications increasingly take place outside of formal office locations, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based communications have become foundational as companies strive to deliver the same capabilities regardless of where an employee works. SBCs serve a critical role in securing and enabling disparate technologies across service provider and enterprise networks to work together seamlessly so that Microsoft Lync and similar collaboration platforms can deliver real-time communications such as VoIP, video, presence, unified messaging, find me/follow me, virtual whiteboarding and document sharing. By integrating Sonus SBCs into real-time communications deployments, these powerful network devices protect, secure, simplify and standardize what otherwise would be very complex SIP-based multimedia communications.
By helping customers future-proof their networks without over- or under-subscribing to session or port capacity at the time of deployment, the new configurations of the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 address today’s dynamic business environments. Customers can purchase the capacity they need today with confidence that increased session and port count can be added in minutes, instead of hours or days, through the use of a software license key. The expanded control over network growth empowers service providers and enterprises to simplify network design, reduce costs and more effectively deploy advanced real-time communications features.
The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 are integrated into the Sonus Element Management System (EMS), delivering one common network management solution across the complete Sonus SBC product portfolio. This release amplifies EMS functionality on the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 with support for network-wide provisioning, scheduled backup/restore and scheduled updates to help customers reduce operating costs, optimize investments and maximize network performance.
“Customers choose The Via Group based on our ability to help them deploy and leverage technology in a way that makes their business more productive. It is raining Lync upon us right now, so anything we can do that quickly scales our back-end operational efficiency and enables The Via Group to spend more time focused on adding value to a customer’s experience versus simply managing technology is highly beneficial,” said Michael Cassady, director of operations, The Via Group. “The ability to remotely expand session and port capacity with the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 makes these products a foundational element to real-time communications and large-scale, multi-site customer deployments.”
“The days of reconfiguring SBCs with a truck-roll to accommodate growth of session or port capacity are a headache of the past. With the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000, increasing session or port capacity is as simple as downloading a license key,” said David Tipping, vice president and general manager, SBC Business, Sonus. “With Release 3.2 of the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000, service providers and resellers can meet customer demand more rapidly, remove unneeded operational friction, and ensure investment protection on behalf of their customers.”
- As a Microsoft Gold Communications Partner, the Sonus SBC portfolio spans from the branch to the network core. It is the only brand offering enterprises and service providers a complete end-to-end, Lync-qualified solution.
- For consecutive years, Sonus has been positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers,” published October 21, 2013 by Gartner, Inc.
- Sonus SBC solutions are Miercom Performance Verified and are deployed in many of the world’s mission-critical networks spanning finance, oil and gas, manufacturing, transportation, education, retail, healthcare and pharmaceutical markets.
- Click here to download electronic copies of Sonus’ industry-leading reference guides: Lync Enterprise Voice for Dummies, SIP Trunking for Dummies, Session Border Controllers for Dummies and WebRTC for Dummies.
- Click here to learn how Sonus realized productivity gains and significant return on investment (ROI) from its own Lync Enterprise Voice deployment.
- View complete information about the Sonus SBC portfolio at www.sonus.net.
Sonus Networks, SONS, Lync, real-time communications, Session Border Controllers, SBC, UC
About Sonus Networks:
Sonus helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
Lois Paul & Partners
Siobhan Nguyen, +1-617-986-5784
Or in EMEA
- See more at: http://www.sonus.net/resources/press-releases/sonus-delivers-enhanced-investment-protection-microsoft%C2%AE-lync%C2%AE-enterprise#sthash.1Yje38qR.dpuf