Lightpath Video Conference expands the Lightpath suite of managed services, helping businesses instantly conference and connect with up to 25 global attendees from virtually any device.
JERICHO, NY, June 30, 2014 – Lightpath®, a leading provider of Ethernet-based communication solutions for New York metropolitan area businesses, today announced the addition of Lightpath Video Conference to its expanding lineup of managed service offerings. The cloud-based service provides virtual meeting rooms and managed video services that enable mid-market and large businesses to conference and connect with up to 25 attendees worldwide from nearly any device. Lightpath Video Conference delivers an end-to-end feature set that includes system design and installation, virtual meeting room services that support existing or new equipment and can be launched from any device, 24/7 helpdesk access and optional proactive monitoring. Many recent cloud-based, business class video conferencing services have helped improve ease of use but still require IT staff to procure, install and maintain equipment. The new offering from Lightpath overcomes these challenges with a fully-managed service. “Video conferencing that is easy to use increases participation, improves meeting outputs, reduces travel costs and fosters better collaboration, especially across locations,” said Julia McGrath, senior vice president and chief strategy officer for Lightpath. “When we designed Lightpath Video Conference, we paid close attention to how we could help businesses overcome the pain points they’ve experienced with existing video conferencing services. The result is an end-to-end video conferencing service that leverages the speed and quality of our 100 percent fiber network, is easy to use, and provides remote management and support for virtually any device, anywhere.” Lightpath Video Conference offers convenient video conferencing services that can be launched from desktops, mobile devices or tablets. Collaboration and usability is further enhanced by the ability to quickly share files and content. Additional key features include:
- Simple meeting setup. Quickly launch meetings with up to 25 attendees with no formal scheduling required by sending virtual meeting invites for on-demand sessions.
- Global connectivity. Multiple levels of connectivity are supported, ranging from audio-only dial-in to standard H.323/SIP video conferencing rooms, and desktop and mobile conferencing clients. Globally distributed, best-in-class network and video bridging infrastructures from leading manufacturers are incorporated in the service to ensure reliability.
- Security. Meetings remain private and secure within the Lightpath cloud as the service uses H.235-based encryption for H.323 endpoints and SRTP and TLS encryption for SIP endpoints.
- Room monitoring. Lightpath conducts automated, passive, active and proactive monitoring for managed room system codecs, alerting the service desk when devices are not responding or performing sufficiently.
- Additional support options available. In addition to 24/7 helpdesk support, customers can upgrade to ongoing monitoring via the Lightpath centralized Virtual Network Operations Center for quick resolution of equipment problems and proactive video conferencing support.
Lightpath offers an expanding suite of complementary, cloud-based managed services for mid-market and large businesses. The company’s evolving managed services portfolio also includes Managed Backup, Managed WiFi, Conference Bundle, Managed Video Service and Next-Generation Hosted Voice. To learn more about Lightpath, visit www.golightpath.com. About Lightpath Lightpath, a division of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE:CVC, news, filings), is an industry leader in providing advanced Ethernet-based data, Internet, voice, video transport solutions and managed services to businesses across the New York metropolitan area. The Lightpath network is a highly reliable, resilient, and scalable fiber-to-the-business-premises network extending more than 5,800 route miles connecting more than 7,000 fiber-lit locations. Exclusively focused on meeting customer needs in the world’s largest business market for 20 years, Lightpath has been continually recognized for its high level of customer service. Lightpath has been recognized by the New York State Public Service Commission for the last 15 consecutive years that it has issued Commendations of Excellence for service and quality. Lightpath has received many industry awards for innovation and leadership, including being named North American Regional Service Provider of the Year by MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum). For more information, visit www.golightpath.com.