Sonus Portfolio of Session Border Controller (SBC) Named “Product Line of the Year” for Its Ability to Secure Real-Time Communications
- Sonus’ Session Border Controller (SBC) portfolio receives the gold award in the “Product Line of the Year” category for Best in Biz Awards 2014 EMEA.
- Best in Biz Awards 2014 EMEA is the only independent business awards program in Europe, Middle East and Africa judged by members of the press and industry analysts.
- The Sonus SBC portfolio secures real-time communications, including voice and video, spanning the enterprise branch office to the service provider Cloud.
- Sonus provides the industry’s broadest end-to-end Microsoft Lync qualified SBC solution and offers the only portfolio with a complete offering of virtualized and hardware-based SBCs that enable end-to-end, feature-rich communications.
Swindon, UK – Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in securing real-time communications, received the Best in Biz Awards EMEA 2014 award in the “Product Line of the Year” category. This award recognizes Sonus’ SBCs as secure, feature-rich platforms, which can be deployed in a modular and flexible way. Winners were determined by scores from a panel of 16 judges from top-tier newspapers, business, finance and technology publications and broadcast outlets across 10 countries.
Sonus SBCs enable service providers and enterprises to quickly and securely enhance their network by implementing new services like SIP trunking and secure Cloud-based Unified Communications (UC). SBCs provide a scalable platform delivering session management capabilities such as multi-vendor interworking, built-in media transcoding, line-rate encryption and advanced routing capabilities.
The Sonus SBC 1000 Session Border Controller and Sonus SBC 2000 Session Border Controller were recognized for enabling Microsoft Lync survivability over a 3G/4G connection in the event of a wide area network (WAN) failure. The Sonus SBC 5110 Session Border Controller and Sonus SBC 5210 Session Border Controller were recognized for their modular form factor, allowing customers to expand network capacity and functionality as network demand evolves. These products were also recognized for interworking, recording, compliance, security and alarm software enhancements added in 2013. The SBC SWe Session Border Controller was recognized for its architecture to deliver unlimited scalability with the same advanced features and functionality of the Sonus SBC 5000 Session Border Controller family of products on a virtualized platform.
“Sonus solutions secure real-time communications across Europe’s most mission critical service provider and enterprise networks,” said Serge Adam, vice president of EMEA, Sonus. “We are honored to be named a gold winner by Best in Biz Awards 2014 and remain committed to delivering the innovation required to help our customers transform their network capabilities to support new features like video or Microsoft Lync while ensuring comprehensive security and peak performance.”
- Sonus is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers, published October 21, 2013 by Gartner, Inc.
- The Sonus SBC SWe was recently honored by INTERNET TELEPHONY and SDN Zone for Innovation in Software Defined Networking (SDN).
- Nearly 100 public and private companies representing all industry sectors from more than 25 countries competed in Best in Biz Awards’ third annual EMEA program.
- A list of Best in Biz Awards 2014 EMEA winners are listed here.
- Click here to download a copy of Sonus’ Session Border Controllers for Dummies
Sonus, SONS, Session Border Controller, SBC, SBC SWe, Software SBC, SBC 5000, SBC 1000, SBC 2000, SBC 5110, SBC 5210, Software Defined Networking, SDN, Session Initiation Protocol, SIP, Network Functions Virtualization, NFV, Lync, Best in Biz Awards, Product Line of the Year, EMEA
About Sonus Networks:
About Best in Biz Awards:
The Best in Biz Awards recognizes top companies, teams, executives and products for their business success as judged by established members of the press and industry analysts. Best in Biz Awards honors are conferred in three separate annual programs: the U.S. and Canada, EMEA, and International. Entries for Best in Biz Awards 2014 International are currently being accepted from all companies worldwide until the final deadline on May 16, 2014. For more information about the International program, visit Best in Biz Awards.
For More Information:
Louise Andrews, EML Wildfire
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The statements contained in this release and statements that Sonus may make orally in connection with this release that are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties and investors are directed to the risks discussed in documents filed by Sonus with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- See more at: http://www.sonus.net/resources/press-releases/sonus-named-gold-winner-best-biz-awards-2014-emea#sthash.wtvC5LeK.dpuf