Cloud service provider selects SG2 to support customers’ growth in the Asia-Pacific region
SINGAPORE — May 21, 2014 — Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ:EQIX, news, filings), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that DigitalOcean has chosen one of its International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in Singapore (SG2) to support its expansion into the Asia-Pacific market. This Singapore data center deployment will allow the company to provide its existing customers with greater access to the Asian market and offer its cloud hosting services to the growing developer community in the region.
- DigitalOcean is a cloud service provider. It offers fast, agile and secure cloud solutions and a seamless experience for developers with its reliable solid-state drive (SSD) cloud server infrastructure and simplified application programming interfaces.
- Having grown its customer base to 200,000 within three years and with rising demand for its services in Asia-Pacific, DigitalOcean needed a way to rapidly scale to this key emerging region.
- By deploying in Singapore, a fast-growing hub for cloud adoption and hosting services, DigitalOcean can better serve the international developer community and utilize SG2 as a gateway to Australia, India, Southeast Asia and Japan.
- In addition to Singapore, DigitalOcean is also deployed in Equinix data centers in New York, Silicon Valley and Amsterdam.
- Platform Equinix™ provides DigitalOcean with the close proximity it needs to reduce latency to 30 milliseconds compared to 200 milliseconds if connecting via Amsterdam or Silicon Valley. This enables DigitalOcean’s customers to offer their services to companies in the Asia-Pacific region with the highest level of performance uptime.
- Home to more than 975 network providers globally – 190 of which are accessible in Singapore – and with 19 data center locations in key Asia-Pacific markets, Equinix is the optimal choice for cloud providers who are looking to establish a point of presence in the region and better serve their customers with low-latency solutions.
- “By combining Level 3’s network with the Equinix Cloud Exchange, we are making it easier for our customers to grow and improve the efficiency of their business operations with access to a broader range of cloud services,” said Anthony Christie, Level 3’s chief marketing officer. “With pre-established network-to-network interfaces (NNIs) from Level 3 to Equinix, combined with Level 3’s dynamic bandwidth capability, customers can quickly turn up and scale their cloud solutions.”
- Clement Goh, managing director, Equinix South Asia
"As a startup, DigitalOcean needs to maintain an agile and flexible architecture to scale and support its operations and business plans, which Equinix provides. As a result of its global deployment through Equinix, the company’s customer base of developers, from startups as well as mature enterprises, can expect low-latency connectivity and minimal concerns of performance downtime, a key consideration in today’s demand for a constantly connected world.”
- Mitch Wainer , chief marketing officer and founder, DigitalOcean:
“With our rapidly growing customer base, it is critical that we are able to effectively meet increasing demand for capacity in a timely manner, without compromising on quality of service. Our experience with Equinix has shown that selecting a data center provider that consistently delivers excellent global connectivity and reliable infrastructure is absolutely vital. Deploying in the Equinix IBX data center in Singapore not only allows us to continue providing the highest level of service to existing customers, but also to access new customers in a thriving region.”
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. http://www.equinix.com.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contacts
+ (852) 2970 7742
Laurent Decosse / Daphne Chuah
+ 65 6571 9140
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.