SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 4, 2013) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today unveiled Junos® Pulse AppConnect software development kit (SDK) that enables per-application virtual private network (VPN) connectivity from both Apple iOS and Google Android devices to Juniper's Junos Pulse Secure Access Service.
Businesses are facing increasing demands from employees for easy access to corporate data and business applications from any device and anywhere. These demands make ensuring the proper level of security and access to information challenging for IT departments. As companies and government organizations are opening up access to sensitive data to a wider diversity of personal and corporate owned mobile devices, many are struggling to balance security with flexibility. It is imperative that they find ways to provide a level of control over Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) while not burdening end users with security that impairs productivity.
- Junos Pulse AppConnect - Junos Pulse AppConnect technology and SDK is the first solution to offer per-application SSL VPN connections on both Android and Apple iOS mobile devices. With AppConnect, enterprises will have more granular control over access to corporate networks and applications, preserving the security and integrity of their data, network and resources end-to-end.
- Application and data containerization on the device is a popular approach to MDM for companies that want to segment work and personal data on the device. However, this segmentation is often not extended to network communications.
- AppConnect enables companies, developers and application container solution providers, to secure data flowing from applications and application containers to enterprise networks through Junos Pulse Secure Access Service Gateways.
- Data privacy afforded by the container technology in AppConnect can be extended to the data in transit back to the corporate network -- transparently and on a per-application basis -- for Android and Apple iOS devices. The potential for corporate data leakage via applications on personally owned devices is subsequently greatly reduced.
- Juniper's new technology allows for VPN sessions to be established per application versus per device, reducing personal traffic on corporate networks and protecting information that really matters to the organization.
- For users, AppConnect relieves employee concerns that personal data is flowing over the corporate network and makes it much easier to connect. Users no longer need to launch a separate application to connect to the corporate network securely via VPN; Applications and application containers connect automatically to the private network.
- The Junos Pulse AppConnect SDK is generally available next week.
"We believe the VPN market is undergoing a transition from securing devices to securing applications end-to-end. Juniper's vision is that every user will securely and transparently access only authorized corporate data from any device (personal or company owned) through applications from anywhere," said Tamir Hardof, senior director security product marketing, Juniper Networks. "With AppConnect's per-application VPN technology Juniper is taking significant steps toward realizing this vision."
About Juniper Networks in Security
Juniper Networks builds secure and trusted networks with end-to-end security across every environment -- from the data center to campus and branch environments and to the device itself. Our security solutions give enterprise and service provider customers a competitive advantage as they set out to build the best networks on the planet.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logo are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.