Technology Partnerships and New Features for Junos Pulse Provide Simplified, Intelligent and Secure Access to Enterprise Resources
SUNNYVALE, CA–(Marketwired – Dec 4, 2013) – Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced enhancements to its Junos® Pulse remote access (SSL VPN) and network access control (NAC) solutions and new technology partnerships with leading Mobile Device Management (MDM) companies. These new enhancements and partnerships enable enterprises and service providers to simplify and better secure Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) efforts. Through partnerships with leading MDM providers AirWatch and MobileIron, Juniper Networks® Junos Pulse Secure Access Service and Junos Pulse Access Control Service solutions can leverage these and other popular MDM platforms.
The need for simplified and scalable BYOD solutions is imperative for many companies and organizations. According to Juniper’s Trusted Mobility Index, first released in 2012, many employees claim to circumvent their employers’ official mobile device policies, with nearly half of all respondents who use their personal device for work (41 percent) doing so without permission from their company. In response to the increasing demand and use of personal devices for work, many companies are establishing BYOD policies and investing in solutions to enable, secure and control these personal devices connecting to the corporate network. Unfortunately, for many companies this has traditionally required purchasing and managing separate solutions from multiple vendors to first secure the device and then its connection to the network. In practice, companies and service providers are often forced to either devote significant resources to manage multiple deployments or prioritize protecting the device with MDM while leaving the connection back to the corporate network less secure.
With Juniper’s new technology partnerships, innovative technologies and broadened platform support, companies can now leverage existing MDM investments to expand their security and control of mobile devices while simplifying management.
- Mobile Device Management Partnerships – Juniper Networks is establishing a new open initiative to enable MDM and other mobile security solutions to integrate with its market leading Junos Pulse technology. Today, the company is announcing AirWatch and MobileIron as its first partners of this initiative.
- These partnerships provide a simple and open way to integrate Junos Pulse Secure Access Service (SSL VPN) and Junos Access Control Service (NAC) with MDM solutions that simplify and secure BYOD efforts for both IT and end-users.
- IT organizations and service providers will benefit from this initiative by being able to leverage mobile device attributes easily — such as device-location, device status and compliance — across both Juniper solutions to create highly granular and intelligent security policies.
- The integration will also consolidate policy management views into common dashboards, reducing ongoing operational complexity and improving policy visibility.
- For end-users, it will mean no-touch deployment and configuration of Junos Pulse clients.
- New Junos Pulse Access Control Service v5.0, Junos Pulse Secure Access Service 8.0 Release
- Junos Pulse Access Control Service and Junos Pulse Secure Access Service now support KVM-based virtual deployments, in addition to VMware, enabling the Junos Pulse NAC and SSL VPN solutions to work over the widest range of IT environments.
- Junos Pulse client support now includes Apple OS X Mavericks, iOS 7, Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 RT client platforms for even broader mobile platform and BYOD support. Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1 versions will include Junos Pulse client connectivity built in, easing deployment efforts on these platforms.
“Organizations are demanding greater levels of control and security as mobile continues to transform business operations and improve employee productivity. The integration between AirWatch and Junos Pulse is significant in offering customers more secure, intelligent and granular policies for BYOD management and in providing additional layers of protection to mobile deployments.”
– Kevin Keith, director of business development, AirWatch
“Every day our customers ask how they can leverage remote access, access control and mobile device management, to create a more manageable and secure BYOD solution. Juniper’s Junos Pulse integration with Airwatch and MobileIron is something our customers will want to secure and simplify remote access and BYOD efforts.”
– Greg Gizinski, manager, SSL systems engineering, MegaPath
“Successful BYOD initiatives combine a great user experience with enterprise-class data security. Compromising either one is not an option. Our partnership with Juniper Networks provides intelligent, mobile-aware policy management for IT and no-touch deployment for employees to make the enterprise access experience secure and intuitive.”
– Ojas Rege, vice president, strategy, MobileIron
“More needs to be done to help IT embrace BYOD by both enabling users to work everywhere, anytime on any device, while keeping the network secure. Integrating and linking VPN, NAC and MDM solutions reduces complexity, functional silos and provides a better BYOD experience for both IT and end-users. By working together with our partners, Juniper Networks can simplify the user experience and provide IT peace of mind that they are not compromising security, privacy or control.”
– Tamir Hardof, senior director, security product marketing, Juniper Networks
Junos Pulse Access Control Service v5.0 and Junos Pulse Secure Access Service 8.0 are available today.
About Juniper Networks in Security
Juniper Networks builds secure and trusted networks with end-to-end security across every environment — from the data center to campus and branch environments and to the device itself. Our security solutions give enterprise and service provider customers a competitive advantage as they set out to build the best networks on the planet.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks’ innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logo are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks’ prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company’s failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks’ most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks’ general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.