Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania – October 17, 2013
Vodacom Tanzania enhances voice, data services nationwide
- Sole supplier NSN upgrades operator’s GSM, 3G network with its advanced radio platform
- Continues to provide managed services to ensure consistently high quality
Customers of Vodacom Tanzania now enjoy clearer voice calls and faster data services. Using Nokia Solutions and Networks’ Single RAN (radio access network), Vodacom has upgraded its GSM and 3G HSPA network across the country. NSN’s advanced radio network infrastructure and comprehensive services have enabled the operator to further improve its network capacity as well as coverage.
“We wanted to be a pioneer in providing the best possible service by upgrading our network to the latest technology available on the market,” said Rene Meza, managing director, Vodacom Tanzania. “To achieve this, we selected NSN, as it has proven capabilities in the domain. NSN’s radio network equipment and services have ensured a higher performance network so that we can maintain our competitive edge in Tanzania.”
“Our technology and services expertise address Vodacom Tanzania’s twin objectives –ensuring the highest network quality possible and doing so at a lower cost,” said Pete Beadle, customer team head of Vodcom Tanzania at NSN. “Our base station improves network capacity and throughput for enhanced voice call and mobile broadband experience. In addition, it reduces capital and operating costs for Vodacom Tanzania as the base station is extremely compact, requiring minimal floor space, and consumes 70% lesser energy than before.”
Under the contract, NSN has provided Vodacom Tanzania with its Single RAN platform, which is based on its award-winning Flexi Multiradio Base Station. The base station runs GSM and 3G services concurrently and is future-proof since it is also capable of running 4G services in the future. NSN has also deployed its NetAct network management system to enable consolidated monitoring, management and operation of Vodacom Tanzania’s network. To ensure Vodacom Tanzania’s network quality, NSN continues to provide its comprehensive managed services, while network design planning and optimization as well as network implementation, and care services are part of the present deal.
For more information on NSN’s mobile broadband capabilities, including a video overview, follow this link. To share your thoughts on the topic, join the discussion with @NSNtweets on Twitter using #mobilebroadband and #LTE.
About Vodacom Tanzania
Vodacom Tanzania Limited is a good corporate social citizen and is committed to supporting the communities in which it does business through the Vodacom Foundation. The Vodacom Foundation has three main pillars: Health, Education, and Social Welfare. The Foundation has supported over 120 projects in the country and has won both national and international awards in the Corporate Social Responsibility arena. These include the East African CSR Awards and the Diversion and Inclusion Award within the Vodafone Group in Milan.
Vodacom Tanzania Limited is Tanzania's leading cellular network offering state-of-the-art GSM communication services across the country.
Vodacom Tanzania is a subsidiary company of Vodacom Group (Pty) Limited, South Africa, which is also a subsidiary of Vodafone Group UK. Vodacom Group (Pty) Limited owns a majority share portion of 65 percent; the remaining 35 percent is owned by Mirambo Ltd. Vodacom Tanzania has been declared a Super Brand for four consecutive years, from 2009 2012.
Vodacom has 5 flagship shops in Dar es Salaam and 65 franchised shops across the country.
Nokia Solutions and Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 120 countries and had net sales of approximately 13.4 billion euros in 2012. NSN is wholly owned by Nokia Corporation.
Phone : +91 9538890288
Phone: +358 7140 02869