Managing and Distributing Video Across Multiple Devices Remains a Key Challenge
TEMPE, Ariz., Aug. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Limelight Networks (NASDAQ:LLNW, news, filings), a leader in digital presence management, today announced the results of a global survey that provides insight into the greatest operational challenges and business impacts of online video. The survey shows online video is critical to retaining and growing relationships with existing customers, and to converting prospects into new customers. In addition, the primary challenge to effectively publishing online video is managing and distributing high-performance video across multiple mobile devices.
Conducted in July 2013 by TechValidate, an independent research organization, the Limelight Video survey explored the importance of video in engaging audiences, how companies plan to use video content in the next 12 months, the organizational benefits of online video, and the importance of analytical reporting related to video use.
The results of this study indicate that:
- Support for Multiple Devices
- The top concern of respondents (77 percent) was distributing content across multiple types of devices (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 08B-E83-D7A)
- Formatting Content for Mobile Devices
- Sixty-nine percent of respondents cited the ability to effectively format content for mobile devices as a top operational challenge (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 8FC-CC7-0BD)
- Support for Video-On-Demand and Live Streaming
- Fifty-three percent cited the ability to support video-on-demand or live streaming as a primary issue. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 8FC-CC7-0BD)
- Performance and Reliability
- The majority of respondents identified performance and reliability as extremely important when choosing a solution. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 127-A5A-D6D)
Impact of Engaging Customers
- Eighty-one percent described video as extremely or very important in engaging customers. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 4AE-76C-395)
- Thirty-five percent of respondents cited retaining and growing their subscriber base as the primary purpose for using video to engage with customers. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 8E9-E0C-572)
- Twenty-eight percent said they use video to help convert prospects into customers. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 8E9-E0C-572)
Benefits of Online Video
- Eighty-one percent stated that video allowed deeper engagement with audiences. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: BA0-49C-858)
- Seventy-two percent agreed that video helped them deliver messages more clearly and efficiently to target customers. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: BA0-49C-858)
Importance of Analytical Reporting
- Eighty-five percent of respondents stated that analytical reporting on metrics like viewer geography, viewer duration and integration with an analytics tool of choice is an important business differentiator. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 012-FBB-72E)
"The results of the survey validate that online video is one of the most powerful ways to engage audiences today," said Kirby Wadsworth, chief marketing officer, Limelight Networks. "Yet enterprises are concerned that video can be expensive to manage and store, time-consuming to upload and distribute, and costly to adapt effectively to the ever changing landscape of mobile devices. Further, it can be daunting to assess and analyze the usage and impact of online video. Thankfully, customers choosing the Limelight OrchestrateTM platform can reduce the complexity and cost of managing online video, while optimizing audience engagement by ensuring an awesome video experience."
Please visit the Limelight website for a more in-depth feature tour of the Limelight Orchestrate Video.
Limelight Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:LLNW) is a global leader in Digital Presence Management. The Limelight Orchestrate™ ("Orchestrate") Digital Presence Platform offers an integrated set of cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, which allows organizations to optimize all aspects of their online digital presence across Web, mobile, social, and large screen channels. The Orchestrate platform leverages Limelight's scalable, high-performance global network to offer advanced features for: web content management; website personalization; content targeting; online video publishing; mobile enablement and monetization; content delivery; transcoding; and cloud storage — combined with social media integration and powerful analytics. Limelight's team of digital presence experts helps organizations streamline processes and optimize business results across all customer interaction channels to deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue, and enhance their customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, and be sure to follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/llnw.
TechValidate is a trusted third-party research organization that directly interfaces with business and technology end users to collect and validate information about their deployments. More information is available at www.techvalidate.com.
For press inquiries contact:
famaPR on behalf of Limelight Networks
Source: Limelight Networks
SOURCE Limelight Networks
News Provided by Acquire Media