VMware NSX(TM) Integration Across Juniper's Switching, Routing and Security Products Accelerate Customers' Transition to SDN in the Data Center Through Network Virtualization
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 26, 2013) - (VMworld 2013) Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it has expanded its partnership with VMware to deliver a broad range of solutions for unifying virtual and physical networks within a virtualized data center environment. These solutions, which will include VMware NSX™ L2 Gateway integration and VXLAN routing capabilities across access, aggregation, core and edge tiers of the data center network, will offer enterprise customers seamless management of workflows across virtualized and non-virtualized systems. Juniper Networks' VXLAN routing and gateway capabilities enable both intra- and inter-data center solutions and accelerate the transition to software-defined networking (SDN).
Increasingly, enterprises are looking to SDN and network virtualization as a means of easily deploying, managing, and orchestrating public and private cloud networks -- tasks that have grown more complex due to the combination of physical and virtual assets. The partnership between Juniper Networks and VMware represents a shared commitment to delivering simplified, flexible solutions that enable customers to more easily migrate to SDN as their business needs evolve.
- VMware NSX Integration: Juniper Networks is working closely with VMware to develop a broad range of networking solutions that will deliver VMware NSX Layer 2 Gateway functionality to programmatically enable connectivity between virtual and physical network environments. VMware NSX L2 Gateway Services will be offered on Juniper Networks® EX Series and QFX Series core, aggregation and access switching platforms, and MX Series edge routers, providing customers with unparalleled levels of IT flexibility through support for nearly any virtualized data center deployment scenario. VMware NSX L2 Gateway Services are expected to be generally available in mid-2014.
- Hardware-accelerated VXLAN Routing: To support multi-tenancy or business continuity/disaster recovery initiatives, enterprises need to route network traffic between virtual networks either within a single -- or across multiple -- data centers. New VXLAN routing capabilities on Juniper Networks MX Series and EX9200 Series Switches will specifically address these needs. These capabilities are expected to be available in mid-2014.
- Advanced Data Center Automation: To help enterprise customers streamline data center operations across physical and virtual environments, Juniper Networks offers a range of network automation solutions designed to simplify the arduous and time-consuming tasks of network provisioning, day-to-day management and orchestration of network resources. For VMware environments, Juniper Networks offers comprehensive management and advanced analytics as well as troubleshooting capabilities for both physical and virtual infrastructures via its Junos® Space Network Director and will provide integrated management capabilities through a plug-in for VMware vCenter™ Server.
- Virtual Security Capabilities: Juniper Networks is also working with VMware to extend development of its leading virtual security product portfolio to ensure future integration with VMware NSX and new security and networking application programming interfaces (APIs). Juniper's wide range of virtual security solutions for VMware environments provides customers with the ability to implement a comprehensive network security solution to protect virtual data center assets.
- Validated Blueprint for the Virtualized Data Center: Juniper Networks is developing a validated reference architecture that provides customers with a proven methodology for architecting and building out a simplified, integrated network framework to support virtualized data centers. This blueprint, which is expected to be available later this year, will outline technology requirements, best practices and recommended approaches for successfully building a network foundation to support a number of advanced capabilities such as predictable application behavior, streamlined workflow-based configuration and quality of service across physical and virtual networks with ease.
- Juniper Networks will be showcasing a range of data center and security technology solutions at VMworld 2013 (Booth #1613), including:
- Connecting virtual and physical networks via VMware NSX integration
- Data center automation with Junos Space Network Director
- Virtual security for public and private clouds
- Counter security for virtualized data centers and cloud environments
- Masum Mir, senior director of product management for data center products at Juniper Networks, will be speaking at a session entitled, "Bridging and Automating Data Center Infrastructures in a Virtualized and Non-Virtualized World," on Tuesday, August 27 from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. PT
- Ashwin Krishnan, senior director of product management for security products at Juniper Networks, will present a session entitled, "Achieving Security Agility in the Virtualized Data Center," on Wednesday, August 28 from 2 - 3 p.m. PT
- Jason Sauviac, senior director of technical solutions, and Doug Hanks, senior manager of technical solutions at Juniper Networks, will be speaking about "Integrated Architectures for the Virtualized Data Center," on Thursday, August 29 from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. PT
"Network virtualization is rapidly transforming virtual data centers today, and as enterprises seek to simplify IT by accelerating their use of private and hybrid cloud environments, physical and virtual networks must be viewed and managed as a single unified infrastructure. Juniper Networks offers a broad level of VMware NSX integration across its routing and switching platforms, which not only provides enterprise customers with unprecedented levels of IT flexibility, but also allows them to fully maximize their data center investments. Our collaboration with Juniper is a proof point of the commitment shared by both companies to continually drive simplicity, visibility and ease of management within the software-defined data center."
-Hatem Naguib, vice president, Cloud Networking and Security, VMware
"For many enterprise customers, SDN in the data center represents a very real way to derive greater value and IT efficiency from the network, and the advent of VMware NSX L2 Gateway integration and VXLAN routing capabilities allows for a more seamless migration to a virtual network environment. Through our partnership with VMware -- which includes joint product development, technology integration and joint go-to-market strategies -- we are committed to developing a range of networking solutions for use in VMware environments designed to help customers bridge their virtual and physical data center resources. VMware's expertise in virtualized computing combined with Juniper's SDN leadership is a powerful combination."
-Jonathan Davidson, senior vice president and general manager, Campus and Data Center Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- More information on Juniper Networks' virtualized data center solutions: www.juniper.net/datacenter
- Blog: Does your Virtual Network Need More Sizzle? Save your Bacon - Choose Juniper! by Mike Marcellin
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logo are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks' prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company's failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks' most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks' general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.