Cisco Teams With Microsoft on Go-to-Market Acceleration Initiatives to Drive Worldwide Demand for Integrated Data Center Solutions
SAN JOSE, Calif. – July 8, 2013: Today at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference Cisco announced it would team with Microsoft to accelerate the deployment of private and hybrid cloud infrastructure worldwide. The companies will invest in initiatives to align sales teams and channel partners, while helping customers modernize their data centers with private cloud solutions.
Over the past two years, Cisco and Microsoft have invested significant development resources to integrate best-in-class data center technologies. By combining the innovative Cisco® Unified Data Center architecture with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and System Center 2012, Cisco and Microsoft are helping customers simplify data center operations, boost IT productivity and improve data center economics
- Go-to-Market Acceleration: Cisco and Microsoft plan to invest together to stimulate hundreds of private cloud and hybrid cloud deployments worldwide. Building on a successful pilot with channel partners over the last 10 months, the planned joint initiative will be rolled out globally in conjunction with Microsoft’s Cloud OS Accelerate program, which provides funds to help customers offset the services cost of deploying these Microsoft solutions, accelerate deals, and drive competitive wins.
- Integrated Solutions: By bringing together innovative technology such as the Cisco Unified Computing System™,Cisco UCS® Manager, and Cisco Nexus® switching, with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and System Center 2012, Cisco and Microsoft are helping customers drive out the complexity from data center operations. Key integrated solutions include:
- Nexus® 1000V Switch for Windows Server Hyper-V is a distributed virtual switching platform that provides advanced network virtualization features and tight integration with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
- EMC® VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure Solution for Microsoft Private Cloud is a validated reference architecture that integrates Cisco server and networking components and EMC storage with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V to provide customers with an easy on-ramp to the cloud.
- FlexPod with Microsoft Private Cloud is a validated reference architecture that integrates Cisco server and networking, NetApp storage and data management, with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and System Center 2012.
Padmasree Warrior, chief technology and strategy officer, Cisco
“In the mobile-cloud era IT organizations need an integrated approach, incorporating technology architectures that enable business agility, operational simplicity and improved application performance. Over the last two years Cisco and Microsoft engineering teams have worked diligently to combine our industry-leading technology into integrated data center solutions. Now, we’re taking the next step by investing together to rapidly accelerate demand for our private cloud solutions.”
Satya Nadella, president, Server & Tools Business, Microsoft
“Microsoft’s Cloud OS, built on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Azure, provides a consistent platform that spans our customers data centers, service providers’ data centers and Windows Azure. We are excited to work with Cisco to help our joint customers implement proven private and hybrid cloud solutions and improve their data center operations.”
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go tohttp://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.