Department: Customer Service/Repair Department
Reports To: Customer Service/Repair Supervisor
Hours: Second or Third (overnight) shift including weekend hours
NOC Repair Representatives are responsible for answering inbound customer service calls, assisting TVC customers who are experiencing service issues and escalating more complex problems to the appropriate TVC engineering personnel, as well as monitoring the network to proactively identify network issues. The NOC Repair Representative coordinates with customers, vendors and internal engineering resources to ensure service and/or network issues are resolved.
Qualified candidate demonstrates experience working in a NOC environment with telecommunications test equipment and network management systems (NMS).
- CCNA or vendor equivalent certification(s); i.e. Cisco, Nortel, Cyan, etc.
- Experience in telecom NOC/customer service repair environment
- Experience with test, turn-up, and/or support for one or more of the following: SONET, DWDM, DCS, IP (ELAN, VLAN, TLS, AE, etc), GPON
- Experience with one or more of the following: Cisco (switches, routers, ONS, 6732), Cyan, Ciena, Calix, Overture, Carrier Access (ADIT600, Access Navigator, Widebank28), DACS, Zyxel
- Demonstrated experience and understanding in any of the following areas:T1/T3 test and turn up, provisioning telecom equipment for lines and data, troubleshooting/repair of voice and data networks, DWDM/SONET architecture and design, OSI Model, IP, GR303, Network Monitoring systems, Linux (including enterprise software installation and maintenance), GPON, Cisco IOS, TL1
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ethernet/Internet, T1/PRI, DID, POTS, xDSL services
Desired Qualifications (one or more of the following):
- Experience with DWDM or Passive Optical Networking (PON) a strong plus
- Previous CLEC installation and service experience a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot TDM troubles and use T1 or RFC2544 test sets a strong plus
- Familiarity with Verizon LSI GUI or other carrier portals a strong plus
- Exposure to and/or knowledge of fiber optic cable splicing and terminations a strong plus
- PBX, Key System, VoIP installation experience and certifications a plus
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow complex maps, diagrams and schematics
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to make decisions with some latitude and the ability to organize and prioritize work base on established guidelines
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- This job may require overtime work and/or on-call during off shift hours
You may send your resume to email@example.com or:Human Resources Department Tech Valley Communications 41 State St, 10th Floor Albany, NY 12207
Tech Valley Communications is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, Tech Valley’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.