TOKYO, JAPAN – NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com) announced today the immediate launch of its enhanced Cloudn public cloud service for customers in Japan. The enhanced Cloudn service offers powerful new features such as Auto Scaling and Load Balancing Advanced to realize significantly enhanced reliability, scalability and user friendliness, making Cloudn ideal for web services that need to be extremely reliable and handle vast amounts of traffic, such as sites for social gaming or e-commerce.
Also, Cloudn PaaS for platforms, which had been available on a limited basis since last December, was launched as a full-scale offering today.
New functions of Cloudn
- Auto Scaling: Automatically scales in/out virtual machines in accordance with user-defined parameters
- Load Balancing Advanced (LBA): Distributes incoming traffic across multiple virtual machinesThe above two user-tailored features support the creation and operation of websites capable of handling vast amounts of traffic, such as for e-commerce.
- Redundant Zones: Selection of geographically redundant data centers to create virtual machines featuring highly reliable system architecture
- DNS: Highly reliable DNS with API that is switchable among data centers depending on usage conditionsHighly redundant systems are created by installing virtual machines, both in main and sub data centers, and then replicating data between them as required. This is an excellent solution for users requiring highly reliable systems and assured business continuity planning, as in creating information systems for enterprises.
- Relational Database: Features easy configuration of reliable relational databases at multiple locationsRDB (MySQL) offers low-cost relational databases that can be easily created, operated and flexibly scaled in/out, significantly lowering the amount of effort required to develop and operate applications.
- Monitoring: Maintains a constant watch over virtual machines and other cloud resources
- Provisioning: Dynamically creates virtual machine system groups by lumpMonitoring and provisioning enable systems to be managed directly and efficiently via a customer portal. A single sign-on function allows users to easily confirm usage and charges of all services via the customer portal.
Cloudn PaaS uses the open-source Cloud Foundry to provide software and middleware, including networks, operating systems and databases, as cloud services, allowing flexible development and operation of applications using multiple programming languages. Cloudn PaaS can be purchased directly and used via the customer portal.
Service charges for Cloudn: http://www.ntt.com/cloudn/data/price.html (in Japanese only)
Applications for Cloudn: http://www.ntt.com/cloudn/ (in Japanese only)
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including leading global tier-1 IP network, Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching over 150 countries, and over 140 secure data centers. NTT Communications’ solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA.
www.ntt.com | Twitter@NTT Communications | Facebook@NTT Communications | LinkedIn@NTT
For more information
(Mr.) Morita, (Mr.) Hayashi, (Mr.) Igarashi
Tel. +81 3 6733 9548