Solutions for simplifying multi-screen video workflows, delivering and protecting media content and websites underpin expansive Akamai presence at NAB
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – March 21, 2013 – 2013 NAB Show Booth SL2724 – Akamai® Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM, news, filings), the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere, will show how its cloud-based solutions can help media companies deliver, measure, and support monetization efforts for high-quality video experiences across Internet-connected devices while also protecting their brand and content at the 2013 NAB Show, April 8-11 in Las Vegas. Technology demonstrations at NAB booth SL2724, as well as presentation of technical papers and conference session participation will underscore Akamai's proven ability and expertise to help solve the challenges of site and content protection and performance at the scale necessary to meet the demands of today's hyperconnected world.
Booth demonstrations will illustrate how the combination of Akamai's Sola Media Solutions, Aqua Ion Web Solutions and Kona Security Solutions are designed to support end-to-end content preparation, security and delivery workflows, dynamic Website performance and site protection optimized for the best possible performance on connected devices. Specific technologies being showcased include:
- Sola Vision Transcoding: Sola Vision's transcoding capabilities for video-on-demand content are designed to automatically create multiple renditions of one high-quality video file for Adaptive Bitrate streaming across multiple devices and networks.
- Sola Vision Ad Integration Services: New for Sola Vision, Ad Integration Services are designed to support in-the-cloud dynamic, targeted video advertisement insertion into online video streams to reach an array of connected devices.
- Sola Analytics: Designed to help users measure and report on actionable and relevant service and performance data, Sola Analytics provides comprehensive insight on audience behavior and real-time video quality from the audience level to the individual viewer.
- Aqua Ion: Designed to allow users to layer and intelligently apply a comprehensive set of optimizations to deliver high-quality Web experiences across a wide range of use cases or situations.
- Kona Site Defender: Designed to provide superior cloud computing security, prevent data theft and downtime and mitigate Denial of Service attacks by extending the security perimeter outside the data center.
- Second-screen content delivery: This proof-of-concept demonstration will show how synchronized content can be automatically delivered to smartphones and tablets to complement content viewed on the primary screen.
The foundation of all Akamai solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform, providing global reach, unmatched reliability and security. Operating on top of the Intelligent Platform, Sola, Aqua and Kona combine to give media companies the flexibility to innovate and grow their business with technology that delivers the protection and performance demanded by the world's leading media companies and brands.
Conference session presentations
Akamai experts have been selected to participate in the following 2013 NAB Show conference sessions:
- Cloud Computing Conference: David Bornstein, Product Line Director, Media, will participate on the panel, "Unique Cloud-Based Solutions," addressing what cloud solutions are currently being developed to address specific considerations of the intelligence community in fulfilling its missions on Tuesday, April 9, from 1:45 PM-2:30 PM.
- Digital Disruption Super Session: Bill Wheaton, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Media, will participate in the NAB Super Session, "Digital Disruption: Unleashing the Next Wave of Innovation," on Tuesday, April 9, from 4:00 PM-5:30 PM.
- Broadcast Engineering Conference: Ahmet Ozalp, Vice President, Media Products, and Steven Chester, Vice President, Film, will present the technical paper, "The Media Warehouse Concept for Electronic Media Distribution," on Wednesday, April 10, from 3:00 PM-3:30 PM.
Akamai customers, partners and subject matter experts will offer a dynamic range of on-stage presentations at the Akamai booth over the course of the show. A schedule will be available before and during NAB at Akamai's 2013 NAB Show site. Follow and engage with Akamai during NAB on Twitter by using #NABAkamai.
Akamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the Company's solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
Akamai Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act
The release contains information about future expectations, plans and prospects of Akamai's management that constitute forward-looking statements for purposes of the safe harbor provisions under The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors including, but not limited to, the effects of any attempts to intentionally disrupt our services or network by hackers or others, failure of our products and solutions to provide the benefits expected, a failure of Akamai's network infrastructure, a decision by Akamai not to present at the 2013 NAB show and other factors that are discussed in Akamai's Annual Report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, and other documents periodically filed with the SEC.