IDG’s CIO Magazine Honors AT&T With a CIO 100 Award for Fifth Year
Dallas, Texas, August 01, 2012
AT&T* has been named by CIO magazine as a recipient of a 2012 CIO 100 Award. CIO selected AT&T for its innovative use of technology to deliver a best-in-class experience for customers in AT&T’s more than 2,300 retail stores.
“We’re honored to be recognized by CIO for the use of technology to assist in delivering an effortless customer experience in our retail stores,” said Thaddeus Arroyo, AT&T chief information officer. “We’re even more delighted to be receiving positive feedback from customers. But we are not done yet — We will continue to leverage technology to deliver consistent and seamless experiences across all touch points, whether customers are visiting one of our stores, shopping online, using one of our mobile apps, or calling us.”
AT&T retail stores use interactive technology and intelligent IT systems to give customers personal and fast service from the moment they enter the store:
- When customers enter the store, they’re greeted by a retail representative who uses a tablet or Welcome Center kiosk to register their visit. The Welcome Center software pulls account information for existing customers and relays the reasons for their visit to help the next available retail employee provide fast service. If there is a wait, integrated digital signage keeps customers informed of their position in line while they browse.
- Background systemsempower store associates with access to the customer’s account information and simple displays of personalized recommendations on services available, packages and discounts, and upgrade eligibility. Employees can complete certain sales and account changes from a tablet, from anywhere in the store, for fast checkouts.
- Solution Centers provide product and coverage information, demos and comparisons on interactive digital touch screens that customers can browse on their own or that store employees can use when assisting customers. Customers can also start transactions and “save” them to be completed with the assistance of a store associate.
- Touch screen kioskshelp on-the-go customers quickly do everything from paying a bill to managing their account.
- AT&T retail systems are integrated with att.com so customers can begin their shopping experience online at home and finish in the store where retail employees can retrieve the customer’s online cart. Customers can also build their cart in store and finish their purchase online at home.
- Text message surveys are sent to customers after their store visit for feedback on their experience and satisfaction with AT&T. AT&T uses customer feedback on all aspects of the store to ensure it can continue to deliver great customer service.
“For 25 years now, the CIO 100 awards have honored the innovative use of technology to deliver genuine business value,” said Maryfran Johnson, Editor in Chief of CIO magazine and events. “Our 2012 winners are an outstanding example of the transformative power of IT to drive everything from revenue growth to competitive advantage.”
Complete coverage of the 2012 CIO 100 awards will be online at www.cio.com on Aug. 1, 2012, and in the Aug. 1 issue of CIO magazine. The 2012 CIO 100 awards will be presented on Aug. 21, 2012, at the CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
About CIO Magazine
CIO produces award-winning content and community resources for information technology executives and leaders thriving and prospering in this fast-paced era of business, as well as creates opportunities for information technology and consumer marketers to reach them. The CIO portfolio includes CIO.com, CIO magazine (launched in 1987), CIO Executive Programs and the CIO Executive Council. CIO properties provide business technology leaders with analysis and insight on information technology trends and a keen understanding of IT’s role in achieving business goals. The U.S. edition of the magazine and website are recipients of more than 200 awards to date, including the American Society of Business Publication Editor’s Top B-to-B Magazine since 2000 and two Grand Neals from the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards. CIO websites and printed publications appear in more than 25 countries, including Australia, Canada, Finland, India and Sweden. CIO Executive Programs—a series of face-to-face conferences including the CIO 100 Awards & Symposium™—provide educational and networking opportunities for pre-qualified corporate and government leaders. The CIO Executive Council is a professional organization of CIOs created to serve as an unbiased and trusted peer advisory group. CIO is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading media, events, and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
About the CIO 100 Awards
The recipients of this year’s CIO 100 award were selected through a three-step process. First, companies filled out an online application form detailing their innovative IT and business initiatives. Next, a team of judges reviewed the applications in depth, looking for unique practices and substantial results. Finally, CIO editors reviewed the judges’ recommendations and voted on the final 100. Complete coverage of the 2012 CIO 100 awards will be online at www.cio.com on August 1, 2012, and in the August 1st issue of CIO magazine.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.