Asia's Largest Telecommunication Services Group Uses Junos Pulse Gateways and Client Platform to Address the Growing Corporate Mobility Market
TOKYO--(Marketwire - Jul 10, 2012) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, and NTT Communications today announced NTT Communications has integrated Juniper Networks security and remote access technologies into Mobile Connect, a new "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) security service launched to address corporate customers' demand for enhanced mobile network access.
NTT Communications chose Juniper Networks® MAG Series Junos® Pulse Gateways and Junos Pulse multi-function, multi-platform mobile security software as key components of its overall solution, enabling it to roll out a highly-secure, policy-driven mobility service to customers rapidly and cost-effectively. Before launching Mobile Connect, NTT Communications deployed the same Juniper Networks solutions internally to enable its own, highly successful BYOD program for its employees.
- Juniper Networks MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways deliver secure, remote and mobile SSL VPN connectivity, network access control, and application acceleration for NTT Communications' authorized users through a single converged gateway, with a single enabling client.
- Junos Pulse is an endpoint software platform and mobile app that provides consistent end-point and mobile security while removing the complexity from network connectivity and access control. The solution delivers optimal connectivity experience to end users based upon on their device type and security state, location, identity, and adherence to corporate access control policies.
- The combination of MAG Series gateways and the Junos Pulse client enables NTT Communications to greatly reduce the burden of installing and updating end-point software on mobile devices, while addressing the customer's security policies and enabling its employees to be securely and "simply connected" to enterprise networks, clouds and resources from their own devices as well as corporate-issued devices.
NTT Communications "For large customers seeking a high level of security, we already had a track record of using Juniper Networks SSL VPN and Junos Pulse solution. In our push to change how work is done, we deployed a solution that enables security checks of the user's PC and the use of multiple devices such as smartphones, all with the help of Juniper Networks. We look forward to future development and offerings that meet a wide range of work styles and needs." - Takahashi, cloud services hosting and platform services manager, NTT Communications
Juniper Networks "The adoption of Juniper Networks' Junos Pulse secure mobility solution as the foundation of NTT Communications' Mobile Connect service validates the need for enterprises to deploy robust mobile security solutions. NTT is recognized as a global leader in enabling business and consumer mobility, and considering that more than 500 million smartphones and tablets were shipped worldwide last year, securing these devices is paramount. - Douglas Murray, senior vice president, Juniper Networks Asia Pacific
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About NTT Communications Corporation NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company's worldwide infrastructure, including IPv4/IPv6 Global Tier-1 IP Network, Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching over 150 countries, and over 120 secure data centers. NTT Communications' solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA.
About Juniper Networks Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.