Sprint updates its growing list of small business solutions with new mobile payment capabilities, mobile controls for fleet service drivers, embedded devices and more
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 18, 2012 – Sprint (NYSE:S, news, filings) today re-establishes its leadership as an innovator in the small business market with the launch of a new group of Sprint Biz 360 solutions that includes cutting-edge smart phones, useful applications and 3G/4G embedded devices.
- Square Card Reader for mobile transactions. Small businesses can get paid virtually anywhere. Simply plug the Square Card Reader into an iPhone® or Android device to accept Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express credit cards on the go. Square is quick to set up and easy to use, with a simple 2.75 percent swipe rate and no contracts or hidden fees.
- FleetSafer Mobile for small businesses with company vehicles, FleetSafer Mobile automatically promotes safe, legal and hands-free use of smartphones and tablet computers while employees are driving on the job. A Web portal tied to the application allows a business to define and enforce custom safety policies and acquire information about driving habits. The service is priced at $5.99 per month plus a one-time setup fee per device.
- Embedded devices.Sprint offers a variety of tablets and notebooks with Sprint 3G or 4G network capabilities built in. The Sprint Biz 360 embedded portfolio includes:
- The ultraportable 11.6-inch HD Lenovo IdeaPad with a full-size keyboard, multitasking capabilities and plenty of computing power.
- The ZTE Optik combines 3G mobility and Wi-Fi speed to deliver connectivity.
- The HTC EVO™ 4G LTE handset. The newest addition to the EVO family combines style and speed to create a device that small businesses can use to boost productivity. This EVO features a 4.7-inch HD display that makes it easy to read files and emails and a 1.5GHz dual-core processor for lightning-fast productivity. The Sprint 4G LTE network is expected in select markets in mid-year 2012.
- Sierra Wireless™ 4G LTE Tri-Fi Hotspot. The first LTE mobile broadband device from Sprint is also WiMax and 3G capable, and it allows small businesses to cost-effectively share one connection using Wi-Fi enabled devices. The easy-to-use Sierra Wireless device supports up to eight users and offers a MicroSD™ slot, external display, GPS and Web user interface.
Sprint Biz 360, introduced last summer, represents a unique and complete offering customized to today’s small business. It includes:
- Phone solutions to equip small businesses with wireless connectivity like Sprint Direct Connect and wireline solutions like Sprint Phone Connect
- Specialized IT Care customized to small business needs
- Connectivity and connectivity backup solutions
- Productivity solutions that let employees do more from more places
- Affordable prices and specialized plans that give businesses contract flexibility, pooling options and cost savings
Additional Sprint Biz 360 benefits to small businesses:
- Business Device Select – enables small businesses to buy or upgrade to popular devices for their corporate-liable account and get instant savings.
- Sprint Buyback Program – helps small businesses offset the cost of new handsets by letting Sprint buy back their old ones – even if the phones are from other carriers. Some buybacks can result in credits as high as $250.
- No more upgrade fees – all corporate-liable small businesses will have upgrade fees waived and can pocket the savings.
- Flexible Business Rate Plans – lets small businesses pool and share minutes among co-workers. Plus, Sprint’s industry-leading Unlimited Data offer comes standard for all small businesses. Volume discounts are available to all who qualify.
“Cutting through the complications of buying communications gear is a challenge for small businesses,” said Jaime Jones, senior vice president-Consumer Sales. “Sprint stepped up with Sprint Biz 360 last summer to make it easier. Demand continues to be strong for individual Sprint Biz 360 features and full-on bundles, so we’re refreshing the portfolio with new offers and services to continue to make it appealing.”
Sprint Biz 360 is available in Sprint Stores or can be ordered by calling 1-877-9BIZ360 (1-877-924-9360).Sprint also makes it easy for small business customers to customize and buy Sprint Biz 360 packages online at www.sprint.com/biz360. The customized website allows customers to assess their specific business needs against a backdrop of like-minded small businesses.
After assessing needs and studying how other small businesses made Sprint Biz 360 work for them, a customer can choose and customize a solution that fits their business. If customers have questions about products or solutions, they can reach out directly to a Sprint Small Business expert who can walk them through a needs assessment, help select the right product, or develop the perfect small business solution.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 56 million customers at the end of the first quarter of 2012 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint No. 1 among all national carriers and most improved in customer satisfaction across all industries during the last four years. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 3 in its 2011 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
Mark Bonavia, 913-269-0436