First QFabric Top-of-Rack Switch Data Center Deployment in Asia Pacific Financial Services Sector
HONG KONG--(Marketwire -05/18/12)- Juniper Networks(JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that a carrier-class switching infrastructure based on the Juniper Networks® QFabric™ architecture will be deployed at a new data center being built by Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEx). The new Hosting Services Data Center, scheduled for completion by the third quarter of 2012, is designed to provide exchange participants with equal, ultra-low latency access to HKEx markets and information.
The development of a tier-four data center supports the HKEx extension strategy of preserving its leadership positions in core markets while preparing to capture new growth opportunities associated with emerging trends. HKEx will become the first financial services customer in Asia to deploy high-performance, ultra-low latency access switches based on the Juniper NetworksQFabric architecture.
- The hosting network is being implemented and supported by Juniper Networks partner Wharf T&T.
- It is a consolidated core network with traffic isolated across each system, providing multi-layer network protection and fairness in terms of latency among HKEx exchange participants and information providers who co-locate their equipment at the data center.
- Juniper Networks QFabric technology will be deployed to provide 10 Gigabit per second Ethernet (GbE) top-of-rack connectivity, while Juniper Ethernet switches with Virtual Chassis technology will provide 1GbE and 100 Mbps connectivity to support different user requirements. Juniper's Virtual Chassis technology enables multiple interconnected switches to operate as a single, logical device, lowering operational expenses by reducing network complexity and simplifying management.
- HKEx will use Juniper Networks Junos® Space to help manage, analyze, optimize and automate network switch operations.
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing
"Hosting Services is one of the key IT initiatives set out in our infrastructure strategic plan. The network solution provided by Juniper Networks and Wharf T&T is designed to ensure that we deliver highly-efficient, low-latency connections within the Hosting Services Ecosystems. With this world-class infrastructure in place HKEx is well-equipped to deliver on its strategic objectives."
- Jonathan Leung, Head of Hosting Services, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing
"In the world's major securities markets, every microsecond counts. Competitive edge can be driven by the speed, reliability and security of a trading platform's network. HKEx's deployment ofJuniper Networks QFabric architecture switches in its Hosting Services Data Center will help create a high-performance network with ultra-low latency and support HKEx's position as one of the global leaders in exchange and clearing operations."
-Douglas Murray, senior vice president, Juniper Networks Asia Pacific
- Relevant Juniper Website:
- Relevant Juniper Blog:
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found atJuniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.