Interxion is currently the sole provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centres in France to be certified
PARIS, 22 May 2012 – INTERXION HOLDING NV (NYSE:INXN, news), a leading European provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services, today announced that it has been awarded the Management & Operations Stamp of Approval for the Interxion Paris 3 and Interxion Paris 5 sites situated in Saint-Denis.
The Uptime Institute – an independent global organisation – is a leading authority in the data centre sector. Reputed for its Tier classifications concerning the design and development of data centres, the Uptime Institute has recently created a new programme concerning the operational management of data centres. Born out of the observation that nearly 70% of incidents and crises in data centres are primarily associated with human error, an M&O assessment rigorously evaluates the organisation and management of data centres, in terms of both responsiveness and prevention, and at several levels. Only those who score in the top 20% of available points are awarded the Stamp of Approval.
“It goes without saying that our customers expect state-of the-art design and build when they select their data centres. But increasingly we’re finding that how the data centre is maintained and operated is a key criteria for many customers. This award is validation of Interxion's operational excellence in the management and organisation of its data centres, as demanded by its major corporate clients”, declared Fabrice Coquio, Managing Director, Interxion France.
For the certification, five fields are subjected to strict scrutiny:
- Staffing and organisation: the personnel and service providers operating in the data centre are evaluated, including their qualifications, experience, the organisational structure of the teams, their fields of intervention and responsibilities.
- Maintenance: this assessment covers the predictive and preventive maintenance policy for the data centre infrastructures, the monitoring of installations and equipment, quality control, crisis management and the maintenance procedure.
- Training: this evaluation concerns the training policy for staff operating in the data centre, the required qualifications and the training plan. Personnel working for the data centre operator and for service providers are evaluated.
- Planning, coordination and management: the safety rules for visitors, updating of technical documentation, speed of intervention of teams in the event of a failure, and safety instructions are rigorously inspected.
- Operating conditions: evaluation of the 24/7 mode, on-call periods for teams, continuous availability of electrical equipment and air conditioning.
The Uptime Institute visited the Interxion Paris 3 and Interxion Paris 5 sites and meticulously analysed and audited each field as well as validating the consistency of the answers given.
Phil Collerton, Managing Director EMEA at the Uptime Institute commented: “Our requirements for obtaining an M&O Award are deliberately very high, in light of the current issues concerning data centres. This well-deserved award validates the performance and quality of the operational methods implemented within both Interxion data centres”.
– ENDS –
Interxion (NYSE: INXN) is a leading provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services in Europe, serving over 1,200 customers through 29 data centres in 11 European countries. Interxion’s uniformly designed, energy-efficient data centres offer customers extensive security and uptime for their mission-critical applications. With connectivity provided by more than 400 carriers and ISPs and 18 European Internet exchanges across its footprint, Interxion has created content, cloud, and connectivity hubs that foster growing customer communities of interest. For more information, please visit www.interxion.com.
About Uptime Institute and Uptime Institute Professional Services
Uptime Institute, The Global Data Center Authority, is an unbiased, third-party research, education and consulting organization focused on improving data center and overall digital infrastructure performance and efficiency. The Institute serves all stakeholders of the data center industry, including enterprise and third-party owners and operators, manufacturers, service providers and engineers. Uptime Institute Professional Services is the data center management and engineering consulting arm of Uptime Institute. It delivers due diligence assessments and Certifications of site infrastructure and site management in accordance with the Tier and Operational Sustainability Standards. Serving clients worldwide, Uptime Institute Professional Services is delivering consulting, Certifications and Accreditations in over 40 countries. For additional information, see http://uptimeinstitute.com.
Uptime Institute is a division of The 451 Group. Headquartered in New York, with offices in with offices in key locations, including San Francisco, Washington DC, London, Boston, Seattle, Denver, Sao Paulo, Dubai, and Singapore, The 451 Group also owns 451 Research, a leading technology-industry syndicated research and data firm focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation.
Caroline Gyte, Marketing Director
Tel: +44 (0) 207 375 7000