SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 6, 2012) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced an approach to providing a consistent and rich media experience for service provider customers across voice, video and unified communications (UC) applications. As one of the core technology providers for the Microsoft Lync Server Multitenant Hosting Pack Reference Architecture, Juniper will focus on providing customers with network designs that are resilient, scalable and security-enhanced, delivering agility and performance for hosted Microsoft Lync deployments.
Juniper's single multi-purpose network infrastructure for Microsoft Lync is resilient and high performance enough to run the most demanding applications. With Juniper's network infrastructure, service provider customers can have the freedom and agility to use sophisticated and valuable UC services, such as hosted Microsoft Lync, that drive innovation and competitive differentiation. As a result, service providers can create revenue streams and build long-lasting customer relationships.
- Juniper Networks is participating in the Microsoft Lync Hosted Pack Reference Architecture Partner Ecosystem.
- Juniper is providing the Juniper Networks® MX, EX, SRX Series network infrastructure to provide WAN and data center routing, switching and security for the hosted pack.
- Juniper's approach for collaboration spans the entire network; enabling rich media services from the data center, to the campus, branch, mobile user and mobile devices.
- Today's announcement builds on Juniper's existing status as a Network Optimization partner for Microsoft Lync, highlighting Juniper's ability to deliver a Microsoft Lync experience across both enterprise and service provider environments.
"Juniper's New Network for Collaboration is an innovative approach for architecting the network infrastructure that enables service providers to better address the needs of their customers for more flexible, secure and scalable voice, video and UC applications and services. The approach ensures that the network delivers the agility to adapt to changing application requirements, while creating new paths for revenue generation and customer satisfaction."
- Rene Link, vice president of service provider marketing, Juniper Networks
"Today's announcement positions Microsoft and Juniper Networks to provide both enterprise and service provider customers with a consistent and rich media experience across voice, video and UC applications. The enhanced architecture ensures that customers realize a better return on investment with collaboration tools, while also protecting their investment in innovation, security and cost savings."
- Warren Barkley, general manager for Lync at Microsoft
"With Juniper's routing, switching, and security infrastructure, we have the confidence to deliver a solid performance and user experience for business critical applications that is expected from our Microsoft Lync customers. "When you combine that with the architectural simplicity that eases installation and operations, we have a solution that not only delivers a quality experience to our users, but good economics to our business model."
- Daniel Allen, CEO, SIPCOM -- a key enabler of hosted unified communications to leading telecommunications and system integrators across three continents
- Juniper New Network For Collaboration
- New Network for Collaboration Use Cases
- Juniper.Net Community
- Juniper on Twitter
- Juniper on Facebook
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.