Grants support education, community and cultural initiatives
MANKATO, Minn., March 20, 2012—The HickoryTech Foundation is pleased to announce today it has awarded 29 grants totaling $121,000 to non-profit organizations in the communities we serve. With a focus on education, critical community needs, and culture, the HickoryTech Foundation aims to strengthen community programs with its financial support.
Grants are being awarded to the following organizations:
- South Central College, scholarships; $11,000
- Minnesota State University-Mankato, scholarships; $10,000
- Minnesota State University-Mankato, theatre performance sponsorship; $10,000
- Educare Foundation, educator initiative/mini grants program; $7,500
- American Red Cross, Partners in Helping People Program; $5,000
- Boys and Girls Club of the Twin Cities, Education and Career Development Program; $5,000
- Committee Against Domestic Abuse (CADA), start-up trauma healing counseling program; $5,000
- Feeding Our Community Partners, School Backpack Food Program; $5,000
- Greater Mankato Diversity Council, Prejudice Reduction Workshops; $5,000
- Greater Mankato Early Learning Initiative, Ready! For Kindergarten Program; $5,000
- Minnesota Children’s Museum, Access Program; $5,000
- VINE Faith in Action, Chores on Wheels Program; $5,000
- YWCA-Mankato, Ready to Learn Project; $5,000
- Junior Achievement, Biz Town Program; $3,000
- Lasting Imprints, CHD Family Kits; $3,000
- Lutheran Social Services, Crisis Nursery Program; $3,000
- Mankato Symphony Orchestra, Family Concert Series; $3,000
- Merely Players Community Theatre, theatre sponsorship; $3,000
- Century College, College Reading for Students Project; $2,500
- ECHO Food Shelf, Thanksgiving food baskets; $2,500
- Habitat for Humanity, Brush with Kindness Program; $2,500
- Northland Foundation, Educational Seminars for Early Childhood; $2,500
- NRHEG Elementary School (ISD 2168) iPads for Classrooms; $2,500
- Ruth’s House of Hope, Transitional Housing Program; $2,500
- St. Peter High School, FIRST Robotics Team; $2,500
- CityCenter Partnership; CityArt Walking Sculpture Tour; $2,000
- Creative Play Place, Literacy Lending Bag Program, $1,000
- House of Hope, Special Need Scholarships; $1,000
- St. Peter Choral Society, concert sponsorship, $1,000
“Strong community giving and involvement have been a long-time commitment of HickoryTech,” said John Finke, HickoryTech president and chief executive officer. “By means of the HickoryTech Foundation and our company giving program, we are able to make a significant impact in the communities where we live and work.”
HickoryTech Foundation grants are awarded on an annual basis and through a grant application process. Grant requests for the next fiscal year, which begins March 1, 2013, are due Dec. 1, 2012. More information on the HickoryTech Foundation is available at www.hickorytech.com/foundation.
HickoryTech Foundation’s Employee Matching Gift Program provided more than $20,000 in support to non-profit organizations last year. Additionally, the Foundation’s Employee Volunteer Bonus Program provides a monetary contribution to non-profit organizations at which employees volunteer 40 hours or more during a year.
About HickoryTech Foundation
Built on a tradition of community leadership and corporate responsibility, the HickoryTech Foundation has donated millions of dollars to worthy organizations and focuses its outreach charitable giving to support the communities served by the company. The HickoryTech Foundation, originated in 1963, contributes to numerous non-profit organizations in the areas of education, community and culture.
HickoryTech Corporation is a leading communications provider serving business and residential customers in the upper Midwest. With headquarters in Mankato, Minn., the corporation has 500 employees and an expanded, multi-state fiber network spanning more than 3,250 route miles serving Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota. Enventis provides IP-based voice and data solutions, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosted services and communication systems to businesses across a five-state region. HickoryTech delivers broadband Internet, Digital TV, voice and data services to businesses and consumers in southern Minnesota and northwest Iowa. The Company trades on the NASDAQ, symbol: HTCO, and is a member of the Russell 2000 Index. For more information, visit www.hickorytech.com.