Pioneer in Post-Soviet Independent Television Media Chooses Cisco Solutions for Its New Office
MOSCOW – March 21, 2012 – Cisco today announced that a new IT infrastructure based on Cisco® solutions has been rolled out in the new office building of NTV, Russia's leading television company. Cisco advanced technologies will help NTV to ensure data security and physical safety, enable flexible data exchange, and improve fault-tolerance and data transfer speed in the local area network (LAN). The project was implemented by BELTEL, a Cisco Premier Certified Partner in Russia.
The biggest challenge in this deployment was to integrate the newly built infrastructure with existing communications on NTV premises and to provide scalability of the new solutions and their expansion to new offices and production facilities of the company. As a result, NTV has received an advanced, scalable, multifunctional and reliable IT infrastructure fully integrated with the existing IT system.
Key Facts / Highlights:
- The new local area network has a two-level design. Connectivity between the core network and the floor stacks is supported by redundant 10 gigabits per second data channels. The core network is based on the Cisco Catalyst® 6500 Series Switch installed on customer premises. It provides redundancy of management modules, interface boards and power units. Network access for endpoint devices is provided by the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switch, which merges switches into a single stack with a 64 Gbps backplane. Cisco Catalyst 3750 supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet technology, provides high port density and low latency, and delivers power to external devices (Cisco Unified IP Phones and IP Video Surveillance cameras) via the advanced PoE technology. CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) is used for LAN management.
- Due attention is paid to physical security of the NTV office building. Security-oriented video surveillance is based on a Cisco multiservice platform. The key component is Cisco Video Surveillance Media Server, which captures video streams from sources, and then routes and distributes those streams to workplaces. Remote configuration of the hardware as well as management of the video cameras is provided by Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager. Surveillance at NTV's building entrances is provided by Cisco Video Surveillance 5000 Series HD IP Dome cameras with excellent zoom and great space coverage. The safety of guests and employees at staircases, in the corridors, and in the elevator halls at all floors (including the ground floor) is supported by Cisco 4000 and 2600 Series IP Video Surveillance cameras. These solutions are also used to monitor the building perimeter, including entrances, parking places and gates. Images from all IP video cameras are delivered to the control center. Operators at their workstations can control the entire surveillance system, as well as any of its components. General-purpose information is delivered to the video wall managed by Cisco Video Surveillance Virtual Matrix.
- Tags, Keywords: Russia, Cisco, Cisco Catalyst 6500, Cisco Video Surveillance Media Server, Cisco Catalyst 3750, Cisco Video Surveillance 5000 IP cameras, Cisco 4000 Series IP cameras, Cisco 2600 Series IP cameras, Cisco Video Surveillance Virtual Matrix
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
- Cisco Catalyst® 6500 Series Switch
- CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS)
- Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switch
- Cisco Video Surveillance 5000 HD IP Dome cameras
Founded in 1995 BELTEL is one of the leading system integrators in Russia. The company's portfolio includes projects of different complexity - from hardware delivery to general project management. Among BELTEL's largest customers are Rosneft, ALROSA, LUKOIL, Gazprom, Deloitte, IKEA and others. More information about the company is available at www.beltel.ru
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Russia is supplied through its authorized channel partners by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Alexander PalladinCisco Systems, Inc.+7 495 email@example.com
Investor Relations Contacts
- Matthew HardwickCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 8824 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Sharon RobinsonCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 email@example.com