With New Minnesota Wild App from AT&T Advanced Mobility Solutions, Fans at Xcel Energy Center Can Order Food, Watch Exclusive Instant Replays and More – All from their Seats
St. Paul, Minnesota, January 19, 2012
The Minnesota Wild and AT&T are proud to announce their new Minnesota Wild App for iPhone is now available on the App Store, delivering an interactive experience that fans can enjoy while rooting on their favorite team — from their seat at the Xcel Energy Center, at home or on the go.
Using the arena’s Wi-Fi, the Minnesota Wild App enhances the fan experience during games at Xcel Energy Center with a number of unique features, including:
- Food Ordering: Hungry fans can use this interactive feature to locate vendors throughout the Xcel Energy Center and even place food orders from their seats and be notified by text when their order is ready to be picked up. Xcel Energy Center is the first venue in the Twin Cities market to use this technology.
- Live In-Stadium Instant Replays: Minnesota Wild fans attending a game at the Xcel Energy Center can access instant replays not shown on TV or the center-hung scoreboard.
- Fan Zone: This feature provides integrated social networking that lets users inside the arena join groups, post updates and more.
- Arena Guide: This venue map helps fans find what amenities are near their seats.
Additional features that are available to fans inside or outside the arena include:
- Team Information and News: Sports fans at home and at the Xcel Energy Center can stay on top of their team with a player roster, stats and news right at their fingertips.
- Access to Social Networking Sites: Easy access to the Minnesota Wild on Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare.
- Events Calendar: Fans inside and outside the arena have access to a calendar of sponsored events at the arena.
- MyWildNet: Games, arena information, replays and more can be accessed via the app.
“The Minnesota Wild App allows Wild fans to follow their team at an unprecedented level,” said Jim Ibister, Vice President, Facility Administration/General Manager, Saint Paul RiverCentre. “Whether at Xcel Energy Center or at home, fans can stay connected with latest Wild news and statistics at the touch of a fingertip.”
The Minnesota Wild App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.