Secure Mobility Offering Addresses Enterprise and Small Businesses Demand for Anytime, Anywhere Access from Employees’ Personal Devices
SUNNYVALE, Calif., and VANCOUVER, B.C., November 28, 2011 — Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, and TELUS, a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, announced today that TELUS has selected Juniper Networks® Junos® Pulse Mobile Security Suite, which delivers a comprehensive mobile device security and management offering.
The rate at which employees are bringing their own personal devices to the workplace and demanding access to corporate networks is accelerating. Through these offerings from Juniper, TELUS is providing enterprises and small businesses robust security services to manage and address the 'Bring Your Own Device' initiative, helping them attain a high level of employee flexibility and productivity while maintaining their data and network security.
- With the Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite, customers are provided a comprehensive mobile device security and management offering supporting Apple iPhones and iPads, Google Android, RIM Blackberry and broad range of other mobile devices assisting customers in securely managing their data-hungry devices.
- Enterprise IT departments will benefit from key capabilities including remote configuration, provisioning and enforcement of access and security policies, on-device security enforcement, application inventory and management, advanced heuristic-based antimalware, device and data loss and theft protection (via remote device locate, track, wipe and lock).
- Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite protects employee devices as well as the corporate network resources and applications they access.
"With threats to mobile devices and enterprises at an all-time high – and hackers turning their attention from the desktop or laptop to the smartphone and tablet – our customers are looking for an easy to deploy, mobile security offering, and Juniper’s mobile security suite fits that bill perfectly. In addition to mobile security, loss and theft protection, and back-up features, our customers are demanding technology services that support, manage and secure a wide range of mobile devices to access their corporate networks."
- Yogen Appalraju, vice-president, TELUS Security Solutions
"As companies change corporate policies and allow employees to bring their own devices into the enterprise networks, they must also change and enhance their security infrastructure. Through Junos Pulse integrated offering with TELUS, end users benefit from simplified access to security solutions, and businesses can protect and preserve the security and integrity of their data, network and resources."
- Sanjay Beri, vice president and general manager, Junos Pulse Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- Tweet: @TELUS Selects @JuniperNetworks for Mobile Security Management
- Read more about Juniper Security on our blog Network and Security Now Blog
- Learn more about Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite
- Follow Juniper Security on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JuniperSecurity
- Juniper Networks on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $10.3 billion of annual revenue and 12.6 million customer connections including 7.2 million wireless subscribers, 3.6 million wireline network access lines, 1.3 million Internet subscribers and more than 450,000 TELUS TV customers. Led since 2000 by President and CEO, Darren Entwistle, TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services including data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, entertainment and video.
In support of our philosophy to give where we live, TELUS, our team members and retirees will, by year-end 2011, have contributed $245 million to charitable and not-for-profit organizations and volunteered 4.1 million hours of service to local communities since 2000. Eleven TELUS Community Boards across Canada lead TELUS’ local philanthropic initiatives. TELUS was honoured to be named the most outstanding philanthropic corporation globally for 2010 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, becoming the first Canadian company to receive this prestigious international recognition.
For more information about TELUS, please visit www.telus.com .
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.