NEW YORK– NTT America, a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications (NTT Com), a global infrastructure services provider, announced today that the company’s chief executive officer Kazuhiro Gomi will chair a panel presentation entitled “Cloud Realities for the Enterprise: Opportunities and Challenges,” as part of NTT Com’s sponsorship of the 24th annual CIO 100 Symposium and Awards Ceremony in Colorado Springs, CO from August 14-16. The panel will address real world cloud implementations, as well as challenges, strategies and benefits from NTT customers.
Event and Panel Highlights
- The CIO 100 Symposium and Awards Ceremony is a content-driven IT executive networking event, attended by highly qualified IT organizational members and held August 14-16 in Colorado Springs, CO. The event honors leading companies that demonstrate excellence and achievement in innovation and business value.
- The symposium attracts 250 to 300 CIOs and other senior IT executives (67 percent hold CIO or VP level titles) with an $8.3B average annual company revenue, $218M average annual IT budget, and 21,206 average number of employees.
- NTT Communications is presenting a panel discussion on the critical challenges and opportunities facing enterprises as they adopt cloud computing architectures, entitled “Cloud Realities for the Enterprise: Opportunities and Challenges.”
- As cloud computing continues to evolve and become a viable option for enterprises interested in the flexibility of on-demand, virtualized IT resources for productivity and cost control, both new and familiar challenges are being uncovered.
- As enterprise CIOs are increasing their investment in cloud computing and moving beyond pilot tests into production, the panel will explore next steps in cloud deployment including the importance of vendor transparency for cost/reliability balance, new levels of security for mission critical applications and evaluating the types of support required. In addition the panel will discuss the kinds of applications that can be deployed today versus ones that are tied to the current model.
- The panel will present on Monday, August 15 at 3:10 p.m. MDT. Panelists include Kazuhiro Gomi, CEO of NTT America; Jere Brown, CEO of Dimension Data Americas; and Robb Rasmussen, SVP Strategy, Marketing and Integration at Keane. As executives from leading service providers of the NTT Group, one of the world’s largest telecommunications and IT services companies, they will share their views and insights on lessons learned in moving mission critical applications to the cloud environment.
Key Benefits of NTT America Enterprise Cloud
- NTT America, a global infrastructure services provider and wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, was one of the first companies to launch a global private cloud hosting solution, which provides customers with additional levels of flexibility to meet computing capacity needs on demand.
- NTT America Enterprise Cloud empowers companies to fully control their own infrastructure resources by creating customized computing resources or virtual data centers for each customer. Through NTT America’s Customer Portal, end-users have the ability to create, use and manage virtual machines and virtual applications to optimize computing resources.
- A utility-based computing solution, NTT America Enterprise Cloud is designed for large enterprises that need to seamlessly integrate the flexibility and cost savings of the cloud while maintaining high levels of security for their enterprise applications.
- With the NTT America Enterprise Cloud, companies can leverage global infrastructure and data centers in the United States, Europe and Asia, providing a cost-effective solution to meet demand for unprecedented bandwidth speed and capacity. The data centers are located in major metropolitan areas in the United States, Europe and Asia.
- NTT America offers multiple layers of physical and logical security, as well as guaranteed availability SLAs with each environment, to address the security and uptime requirements of mission critical applications.
“As we work with our enterprise customers to take advantage of all that cloud computing offers, we are constantly working to anticipate what the new challenges and opportunities will be. The NTT Group companies, including Dimension Data, Keane and NTT Communications, have developed a comprehensive ecosphere of infrastructure, networks, platforms and managed services to help CIOs and their companies stay ahead of the technology and business curves, wherever they are in their cloud migration process,” said Kazuhiro Gomi, president and CEO of NTT America.
- NTT Communications Corporation Website http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html
- NTT America Website http://www.us.ntt.com
- Dimension Data Website
- Keane Website
- CIO 100 Symposium and Awards Ceremony Website
- Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service and Web Hosting Gartner RAS Core Research Note G00209074
- NTT America Enterprise Hosting – Data Center Locations Map (PDF)
- NTT Communications Global IP Network Map
- NTT America Enterprise Cloud Webpage
- NTT America Enterprise Cloud Datasheet (PDF)
- NTT America Data Center Services Overview (PDF)
Profiles of Presenters
- Kazuhiro Gomi, CEO of NTT America, http://www.linkedin.com/in/kazugomi
- Jere Brown, CEO of Dimension Data Americas, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jere-brown/1/775/a60
- Robb Rasmussen, SVP Strategy, Marketing and Integration at Keane, http://www.keane.com/about-keane/council-bio-robb-rasmussen.aspx
Join NTT America on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NTTAMERICA, follow NTT America on Twitter at @NTT_America and LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/ntt-america for up-to-date news and announcements.
The official hashtag of the event is #cio100
Note to Editors
NTT America welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference our content with proper attribution, for example “source: NTT Communications.”
NTT, NYSE NTT, NTT Communications, NTT Com, NTT America, Keane, Dimension Data, Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Internet, Backbone, IP Networking, Transit, MPLS, IPVPN, Transpacific, CIO, CIO 100, CIO Magazine, Colorado Springs
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2011 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
Christopher Davis, 214-915-1354
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
Agency of Record for NTT America
Christine Carlson, 804-612-5394