BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, August 4, 2011 - The Buenos Aires Provincial Judiciary has chosen Cisco TelePresence™ technology to optimize legal services by facilitating the delivery of statements by experts in criminal processes.
Telepresence enables face-to-face collaboration as if people in separate locations are all sitting in the same room together. With Cisco TelePresence the judiciary is able to obtain experts' statements more quickly, speed communications among the ministers of the Supreme Court, and improve the training of the employees at the judiciary.
This technological initiative consisted of installing a Cisco TelePresence network over the converged voice and data network of the Buenos Aires Provincial Judiciary. Both the configuration and the IT management are centralized, although each department head has a technical office for local support.
- The Supreme Court of Justice and the Attorney General's Office decided, through resolution 3487 dated Nov. 17, 2010, to develop a videoconference system to obtain the statements of experts in criminal processes.
- The Cisco solution consisted of 18 Cisco TelePresence System Edge 95 MXP endpoints, room equipment installed in the courts and La Plata, and six Cisco MXP 1700 endpoints, located in the department head offices.
- The implementation includes a standard-definition TelePresence unit, which can link the 18 legal departments in a multipoint telepresence session, and the Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Serverequipment, which was installed in the central infrastructure in La Plata.
- Since the implementation of the telepresence network, experts have made more than 50 statements in different trials. They were able to do so from the departments where they were located, as a result providing a greater availability of experts and improving their use of time.
- Logicalis, a Cisco Gold Certified Partner, participated in the project, and the implementation was made by professionals at the department of the deputy secretary of technology of the Supreme Court of the Province.
Lic. Alberto O. Spezzi, deputy secretary at the Secretary of Information Technology, Supreme Court of Justice of the Buenos Aires Province
"During trials it is necessary to obtain statements from experts located in different districts, and they are forced to move from one location to another in order to make their statements. Because of the vast area of the province, the experts must travel long distances, resulting in delays. Today, with this new technological implementation we can save the valuable time of experts as well as their travel expenses."
Carlos Isla, product sales specialist, Cisco
"Currently the function of technology is to connect the right people at the right time with the correct information. The Cisco TelePresence solutions facilitate this contact, allowing individuals to collaborate from any place with the control, security policies and flexibility that they need."
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found athttp://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Celeste WeissbeinCisco Systems, Inc.+54 11 4341 email@example.com