SAN JOSE, Calif. – April 1, 2011 — Cisco today announced that the Boeing Co. — the world’s largest aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft — has renewed its agreement with Cisco for the WebEx suite of online meetings solutions.
As the largest user of WebEx web conferencing solutions other than Cisco itself, with people and operations spanning the globe, Boeing has reconfirmed its intent to utilize Cisco’s collaboration technologies by agreeing to purchase Cisco’s WebEx solutions over the next two years.
- With approximately 680,000 participants taking part in more than 140,000 meetings per month, Boeing is the largest user of WebEx meetings after Cisco.
- Boeing takes advantage of easy collaboration with Cisco WebEx online meetings to conduct business both internally and with external partners, reducing the need for time-consuming and costly business travel.
- Having the highest levels of security when sharing information and documents to protect Boeing’s business and customers.
- Cisco’s collaboration solutions increase productivity within Boeing, allowing the company to operate more efficiently and cost effectively.
- Cisco’s WebEx Collaboration Cloud technology provides the ability to share documents and information without distribution to other networks.
- Brad Wright – Director, Boeing Information Technology – Collaboration & Communication Services
“Boeing is an industry leader with customers in more than 90 countries and more than 159,000 people across the United States and in 70 countries. We use Cisco’s WebEx meeting to effectively communicate across a vast footprint while supporting our cost targets, daily operations and customer commitments.”
- Try Cisco WebEx web conferencing for free:
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center:
- Cisco WebEx Training Center:
- Cisco WebEx Collaboration Cloud:
- Cisco WebEx Worldwide Activity Map:
Technorati Tags: Boeing, Cisco, Cisco WebEx, web conferencing, online meetings, training, web meetings, Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, Meeting Center, collaboration, video conferencing, Cisco WebEx Collaboration Cloud
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, Web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together network-based, integrated collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions offered across on-premise, cloud-based or virtualized platforms, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, are designed to help promote business growth, innovation and productivity. They are also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.