TEMPE, AZ–(Marketwire – 09/08/10) – Limelight Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:LLNW – News) today extended the company’s website acceleration services with the introduction of Commerce Accelerator and Portal Accelerator. These new solutions are designed to improve web experiences by providing consistent performance from any geography for dynamic and personalized content, online commerce transactions, and web applications.
“Today’s demanding end users expect their favorite online storefronts, self-service portals, and even their web business applications to be rich with personalized, dynamic content and interactive elements,” said David Hatfield, senior vice president, Limelight Networks, Inc. “Our newest web acceleration offerings provide publishers, retailers, advertisers, and corporate IT departments with cloud-based solutions to help meet those consumer expectations. These solutions deliver dynamic, targeted personalized experiences, helping to build online brand recognition and improve customer loyalty, all while reducing operating costs.”
Commerce Accelerator allows business-to-consumer enterprises to balance a richer end user experience with overall site performance. The service maximizes the delivery of dynamic site content such as transactions and shopping carts, personalized pages, and other highly interactive content. Through Limelight’s reliable global infrastructure, Commerce Accelerator service can amplify the effectiveness of customer-owned infrastructure and increase the availability of storefronts during peak usage periods.
Portal Accelerator speeds the performance of web and extranet applications, helping to ensure effective communication and collaboration between partners, suppliers, co-workers, employees, and customers around the globe. The service uses Limelight’s global infrastructure to increase application availability, response times, and security by seamlessly extending the reach of customer-owned infrastructure.
Commerce and Portal Accelerator customers can choose to secure their web businesses using secure socket layer (SSL) certificates. Both Limelight services support specialty certificates such as wild card, extended validation, and subject alternative name certificates.
Commerce and Portal Accelerator both include an enhanced version of Limelight’s OriginDirect routing technology. OriginDirect bypasses “middle-mile” Internet bottlenecks by routing requests over Limelight’s multiple, private fiber optic routes, instead of sending requests over the often-congested public Internet. The enhanced version enables priority routing of Commerce and Portal Accelerator traffic.
Commerce and Portal Accelerator also include service level agreements (SLAs) which guarantee better online experiences, and are backed specifically by guarantees for connection times, network availability and network performance.
Also, today Limelight announced an update to Site Accelerator, formerly Limelight SITE. This whole site delivery solution enhances the performance of cacheable “small object” web content. Ideal for enterprises that target regional end users, the service can significantly reduce requests made to customer-owned infrastructure.
Limelight offers a suite of Web Infrastructure services that complement these new web acceleration tools, including:
- EyeWonder Interactive Advertising Services, which can enable marketers and e-commerce storefront operators to attract prospects using engaging and targeted rich media advertising, and then convert those prospects into customers from within a personalized, rich media storefront environment.
- Limelight Video Platform, a cloud-based solution that streamlines the workflow for acquiring, publishing, syndicating, and monetizing online video. This solution can help site owners quickly add video content to their pages.
- REACH, a mobility service that uses Limelight’s intelligent cloud auto-detection technology to distribute properly formatted rich media content to almost any mobile or connected device.
- Content Storage, a high-performance cloud storage architecture that provides a geo-replicated, virtual continuous environment for storing content. Limelight provides a 100% availability SLA with the Content Storage service.
- Traffic Balancer, which offers customers a way to distribute traffic among multiple data center resources. The redundant, highly available solution is IPv4 and IPv6 compatible and offers health detection of customer infrastructure with automatic failover. Built for speed, an independent test showed Traffic Balancer to be over 250% faster than competitive DNS-level offerings.
- Content Connect, which enables customers to directly connect their data centers with Limelight’s global computing platform. Content Connect works in conjunction with OriginDirect technology to ensure that requests from Limelight’s CDN to an originating server do not travel over the often-congested public Internet.
- Limelight Professional Services, a worldwide group of consultants that can accelerate time-to-market by providing best-in-class architectural design; custom web, and application development; creative design and campaign management; and workflow optimization.
Limelight Commerce Accelerator and Portal Accelerator will be available during Q3 2010.
About Limelight Networks, Inc.
Limelight Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:LLNW – News) provides solutions that enable business and technology decision makers to profit from the shift of content and advertising to the online world, the explosive growth of mobile and connected devices, and the migration of IT applications and services into the cloud. Over 1600 customers worldwide use Limelight’s massively scalable software services that engage audiences, enhance brand presence, analyze viewer preferences, optimize advertising, manage and monetize digital assets, and ultimately help build stronger customer relationships. For more information, please visit http://www.limelightnetworks.com or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/llnw.
Copyright © 2010 Limelight Networks, Inc. All rights reserved. All product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
Media Contact: Heather Miller 215-867-8600 x239 email@example.com
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date