Certified Security Solutions Protect Network Infrastructures and Subscriber Data from Unauthorized Access and Network Attacks
BARCELONA, Spain, February 14, 2010 — Juniper Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings) today announced that Nokia Siemens Networks has certified four new security solutions that integrate Juniper products for fixed and mobile networks. As part of the two companies’ global partnership, the new solutions are fully-tested and ready for easy deployment and rapid service enablement. Wireless industry leaders like T-Mobile have already successfully deployed these solutions.
“Service providers need to make security of all IP-based services a top priority in order to ensure integrity of the infrastructure,” said Mark Bauhaus, executive vice president and general manager, SLT Products Group, Juniper Networks. “Juniper’s scalable network security products are built to provide the performance required to support next-generation services, including rich applications for smartphones. By building on our partnership with Nokia Siemens Networks and our continuous path of innovation, we are now jointly bringing new security features to the network that ensures the reliability and availability of value-added services.”
Four new security solutions have been certified by Nokia Siemens Networks:
- The Mobile Packet Core Security Solution protects from unauthorized access, manipulation attacks and theft from untrusted networks in a cost-efficient way. This solution provides service providers with the ability to integrate value-added services, such as Internet access, video delivery, and push-to-talk without compromising security.
- The Subscriber Data Management Security Solution is a pre-configured solution that protects infrastructures against IP-based attacks, while eliminating theft or manipulation of subscriber data. By enabling service providers to centrally manage their security platforms and protect components against unauthorized access, this solution ensures the reliability and availability of revenue-generating services. Core to the success of this solution is the fulfilment of carrier-grade failover times and high availability.
- The Security-as-a-Service Solution enables network operators to capitalize on new revenue streams and increase customer retention by offering security services on top of communication services. This solution can uniquely address the needs of small and mid-sized enterprise customers that do not have in-house expertise and resources to manage their own security solutions and need to optimize OPEX by outsourcing security operations. This solution includes firewall, intrusion detection and IPSec VPN services for secure email and Internet access as well as secure remote login and site-to-site connectivity.
- The Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Solution analyzes and manages disparate sets of surveillance and log data — network behavior, security events, vulnerability profiles and threat information — to efficiently manage networks from a single console. It also automates security processes, log management, workflows, reporting and compliance handling, and provides powerful tools for incident management, forensic analysis and detection of abnormal network behavior. SIEM is the core component of Nokia Siemens Networks Security Operation Center (SOC) solution.
“There is nothing more critical today than securing network infrastructures and our customers rely on us to provide them with turnkey solutions that protect their most valuable assets from the most sophisticated attacks,” said Thorsten Schneider, Head of Security Business Line, Nokia Siemens Networks. “By extending our relationship with Juniper, we are bringing to the market leading security solutions, coupled with unique expertise and a proven record of success in consulting, design and support to uniquely address our security needs.”
In October 2009, the two companies further expanded their relationship by forming a joint venture to serve the Carrier Ethernet market. This joint venture will offer a fully interoperable end-to-end Carrier Ethernet solution for mobile backhaul, business services and residential broadband applications to enable advanced broadband services at reduced TCO. The solution is scheduled for general availability in Q2 2010, and will feature Nokia Siemens Networks A-series carrier switch family for access and aggregation, Juniper’s MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers for high-end aggregation and core, and Nokia Siemens Networks Aspen/NetAct network management system for end-to-end management of the entire solution.
For more information about today’s Juniper launch, please refer to the following resources:
- Juniper at Mobile World Congress — www.juniper.net/mwcpressroom
- The Network Ahead blog — www.juniper.net/networkahead
- Juniper.Net Community — www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper’s Social Channels — www.juniper.net/social
About Juniper Networks
From devices to data centers, from consumers to the cloud, Juniper Networks delivers innovative software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. The company serves more than 30,000 customers and partners worldwide, and generated more than $3 billion in revenue over the last year. Additional information can be found at www.juniper.net.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
This press release contains statements which may be considered forward-looking within the meaning of the U.S. federal securities laws, including statements relating to the expected future availability and benefits of Juniper Networks products. These statements are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual achievements to differ from those expressed or implied in this press release, including unforeseen delays or other risks associated with the product development and release process. Additional information concerning these and other risk factors is contained in the Risk Factors sections of Juniper Networks’ Form 10-Q for the quarter ended December 31, 2009. Juniper Networks assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release.
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date